Home

How hardcore of a GM are you?

This is a discussion on How hardcore of a GM are you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How hardcore of a GM are you?

Do you play every game? Or do you just prefer to sign/trade players/scout/draft picks and sim the season? Or do you prefer to control the team in every way?

My favorite part of sports games is drafting. I have tried the game prep feature. It works, but it does need a bit more tweaking, so I just like to be the guy who runs through Free Agency/draft and let my coaches coach the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How hardcore of a GM are you?

As I do in other sports games, I only play the tought ones or when I'm on a losing streak. And full playoffs of course. I love offseason and resigning contracts, managing the cap etc...
Old 08-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurocksrule
Do you play every game? Or do you just prefer to sign/trade players/scout/draft picks and sim the season? Or do you prefer to control the team in every way?

My favorite part of sports games is drafting. I have tried the game prep feature. It works, but it does need a bit more tweaking, so I just like to be the guy who runs through Free Agency/draft and let my coaches coach the games.
I love the offseason of the real NFL, I am a draft junkie (loved the movie Draft Day). I play all the games though because I base my draft decisions on how well guys do or don't play. I like to know what that stud RB I drafted is capable of and if he lives up the hype or if he is always getting injured and I need to look for a security blanket in the later rounds.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

So far I've played every game in my M15 CFM, I'm loving it. I'm an owner, so I've adjusted prices etc. I am loving game prep/rpgressing players, though players progress too quickly/easily. I'm loving scouting so far.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

I play every game but I usually sim my defense and play the offense. Post season I play both.

I love the draft and that's what I mostly play for. Scouting, finding those gems and developing "my guys". I find building through the draft really helps the cap, I typically stay out of FA unless there is a young big name that I could use but even then it's been a few CFM's since I've touched FA. All about the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »