Home

Advantages to playing on Slow?

This is a discussion on Advantages to playing on Slow? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Advantages to playing on Slow?

I play on very slow, played an online game and my lord it's like duper speed. Kids today I'll tell ya. Everyone needs to take a chill pill. Enjoy stuff every once in a while
Old 08-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #18
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Started playing a couple games on Normal and then switched to Slow when I started playing with Armor & Sword's slider set. Like the slow better. My 49 year old brain can't process my reads at QB as fast as I used to.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #19
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Slow speed makes the game easy for me.Extra time in the pocket, reading coverages, finding an open guy easily, sacking QB at least 7 times at all-pro difficulty.(Well normal speed doesn't have an effect on sack numbers either BUT imo on normal speed, getting the "perfect" jump at the line is tougher, which is fine.)
Actually my pass completion percentage has gone from %85-95 to %65-70 after switching to normal speed.
So I like the realistic challenge and will stick with it.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #20
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetsBaller
I play on "Very Slow", and I love it. Helps with offense (more time in the pocket, read defense), run game (find holes, follow blocks). Defense is easier. CPU throws the ball, I have time to switch to thay defender to try and play the ball (swat, intercept, tackle). It's user preference really.
I play on Very Slow as well. I also play on the wide angle so that I can see the whole field. Even on Very Slow, the game still moves fast enough for me to feel realistic.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 08-29-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #21
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Playing on Slow and Very Slow does make the game easier because you're able to better process everything that is happening on the field. I counter this by playing on All-Madden (just made the switch last night) and lowering my QB accuracy slider all the way to 7. Now I really have to make sure my feet are set and that I'm making proper reads before I throw the ball.

I was playing a Rams vs Lions game last night, and I controlled both offenses throughout the game as a way of practicing on All-Madden. I ended up throwing 5 picks with Sam Bradford and 4 picks with Matthew Stafford. None of the picks seemed unrealistic, and all of them were my fault for trying to fit the ball into situations that worked for me on All-Pro. I don't feel like the CPU cheated in any way to get those picks. It was just greater awareness for the CPU overall. I did hit Calvin Johnson for 250 yards and a touchdown, so I like that I can still torch an All-Madden defense when I play smart and take what the defense gives me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 07:51 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is my first Madden in about 4 years, and Normal speed just feels too fast to me. You can tell if you put the camera in Broadcast or All 22. If you watch a kickoff from Broadcast on Normal speed the players look too fast. Slow gives you a more realistic running game in terms of reading blocks, and I feel like the time in the pocket on slow is more realistic. Everything feels too rushed on Normal for me.
I think Slow and Min Speed Threshold at 0 plays a fairly realistic pace.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #23
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Normal speed for me. I process information pretty fast so that speed works just fine.

The advantage of running in slower speeds is things move and develop slower and that makes the game easier.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #24
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Normally I play on very slow but this year it feels too slow IMO. Playing on the slower settings gives the game a more natural feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »