Home

Allowing Custom Playbooks for CPU

This is a discussion on Allowing Custom Playbooks for CPU within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Allowing Custom Playbooks for CPU

I'm not sure how difficult of a change this would be to CFM but on the surface it doesn't seem like it would be that hard in the grand scheme of things. Obviously, changing or adding stuff is never easy but this wouldn't be an overhaul just a modification to what is already available within the game and CFM.

Currently, you can change CPU's playbook by using 32-team (or just one team) control and changing the playbook in the schemes menu. The problem is that no custom play books you create are loaded into those lists and are, thus, unusable within CFM. Obviously, you can use custom playbooks as the user by choosing it at the controller select screen but (as far as I'm aware) it's only usable for the user but what I'd like to see is them able to be used for the CPU as well.*

If custom play books were allowed in the schemes section it would allow the community to more accurately represent CPU teams playstyles by creating and modifying playbooks and gameplan settings for each team. This would be huge for people playing CPU franchise and would be amazing with Madden Share. Additionally, for somebody like me, it would give the ability to, down the road of a CFM, create my own unique storylines similar to a Chip Kelly where I could create a coach with an unconventional playbook that I made myself and face him in my CFM and have him take the league by storm...or fail miserably.

Like I said before adding or changing things is never easy but hopefully this is something that is simple enough to get changed this year. IMO, this would be HUGE for anybody that played offline or in any CFM where User-CPU games are being played. I have no doubt that the community would come up with some great stuff that would take CFM to another level for a lot of people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Allowing Custom Playbooks for CPU

I just bought the game today, have not had a chance to play it yet. I wanted to do something similar to your idea last year.

Because there is 32 team control could you start the game as user vs user. This way you can pick the playbooks. Then before kick off change the controller option make it user vs cpu?
Old 08-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutler0509
I just bought the game today, have not had a chance to play it yet. I wanted to do something similar to your idea last year.

Because there is 32 team control could you start the game as user vs user. This way you can pick the playbooks. Then before kick off change the controller option make it user vs cpu?
I'm not sure. I only have one controller so I'm unable to test this. I do know that on the 360 though if you did this, the game would freeze on load up. You actually could use custom playbooks but you would have do a CFM as like a third string QB and start the game with two controllers like it was user v. user and basically play the game that way. It might actually work on the One or PS4 but my guess is it would probably run into a similar freezing issue.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Another thing regarding this is I wonder how much the gameplans might have an affect on the sim stats issue. I know playing the Broncos they run way more than you'd figure they should and looking at their gameplan they have a bunch of runs on their first down situation. I played a game earlier where Manning only threw like 15 passes which is just unheard of but it kind of falls in line with the sim stats being so light on passing but if you change their playbook to a more pass heavy playbook/gameplan, the numbers skyrocket.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm gonna try this out tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Its the same as last year. You cant do it through schemes and when you assign it to the CPU the game freezes.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:39 PM   #7
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its the same as last year. You cant do it through schemes and when you assign it to the CPU the game freezes.
Yeah, I figured it would freeze. It sucks because if they loaded the playbooks into the schemes section, it would probably work perfectly fine. I've changed the CPU's playbooks in schemes from their team specific to the Pistol one and everything works fine. Frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »