Home

Coin tossing problem?

This is a discussion on Coin tossing problem? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Coin tossing problem?

How much time does a coin toss take? 5 seconds? Bring it back and make it an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
They say it's for time but thinking about it logically, how many coin tosses during the regular season do you see on tv? I think this may also be a presentation decision because you don't see coin tosses on tv except for OT and playoff games.
can anyone confirm that the coin toss is shown in Playoffs...at least Superbowl should be shown
Old 08-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here's the irony... they removed the coin toss because it took too long, yet I am forced to watch a 30-second recap of the first half before I can skip halftime.

And to pile on, I too select "kick" as my preference and have received the ball 75% of the time. Go figure.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:48 PM   #28
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

OVR: 0

Seems like no matter what I pick I receive, kinda sucks cause then I have to try towards halftime to get points
Old 08-31-2014, 12:50 PM   #29
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

They shouldn't have removed the coin toss, with all the updates to presentation it didn't make sense to remove it.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 09-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #30
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

Each I agree with you, I mean didn't you want to see your captains out on the field? He'll with the new presentation they could of had players hand shake and everything
Old 09-01-2014, 02:01 AM   #31
Pro

Trick13's Arena

This screams "lack of creativity"!!!

If you have a PS4/Xbox1, then you have a wide screen TV - and most likely a large one. So why not have a split screen presentation, or "picture in picture" type thing???

On one side (or top/bottom) of the screen you have the traditional coin toss camera shot - where you get the to control the coin toss action as in years past.

And meanwhile the commentary garbage that they have with Simms/Nance in the booth plays on the other part simultaneously - thus cutting time to get to the game while not sacrificing user control of KO destiny.

The other thing that bugs the heck out of me - why do the stat overlays, and team depth chart (where you see the player pics/postitions) not stay on screen while you are in play select menu.

Am I seriously the only person who has ever thought the play call screen for single player should be half the screen and the top half should be continuous stat overlays, replay of the previous down, the player intro/playing card graphic and so forth? I can't be the only one who thinks that the play call screen on the bottom half with replays/stats/stadium shots/etc should be playing on the top half, right?

I mean, why should EA stick perfectly with what TV does - why settle for that when there is so much more they could do to increase the immersion factor???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 03:14 AM   #32
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
On one side (or top/bottom) of the screen you have the traditional coin toss camera shot - where you get the to control the coin toss action as in years past.

And meanwhile the commentary garbage that they have with Simms/Nance in the booth plays on the other part simultaneously - thus cutting time to get to the game while not sacrificing user control of KO destiny.
What user control are we sacrificing with the way Madden 15 does it? We've lost visual representation of the game's opening coin toss sequence, but the user control and functionality is the same, is it not? In the past, we would see the coin toss play out and then decide kick/receive or with/against wind. We can still do that.

Now, based on reports in this thread there might be an issue with user selections not triggering, but that's a separate issue than the design decision to not display the pre-game animation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »