Home

What is wrong with the commentary?

This is a discussion on What is wrong with the commentary? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #33
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What is wrong with the commentary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
I have started to re-think what the commentary in Madden really is. When I turn it off the game seems a bit lifeless. With it on, they make so many errors it's irritating. So I have come to the realization that the commentary is really just background noise. Just like a lot of the sound effects in the game. I turn the commentary volume down to around 35/40 so that it is not on top of the crowd or field sounds. I can still hear what they say, but it is mixed down to a level where it simply becomes a necessary background effect.
This worked like a charm. Thank you. (now if they would only let me skip the god awful halftime report)
Old 08-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #34
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Said it before but technology is at a point where it can no longer be used as an excuse. This is a talent issue within EA, plain and simple. It has never been good and sadly I don't think it ever will be.,
Old 08-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 7

Isn't Chase the former OS writer still working on the commentary in Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #36
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Playing as the Jets, any time I'm doing well against another team Phil Simms feels the need to say he "loves seeing the Dolphins get beat up on." It doesn't matter what team I'm playing.

Even though commentary is broken - as a Jets fan I don't mind this one. Me too Phil, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
This worked like a charm. Thank you. (now if they would only let me skip the god awful halftime report)
Same. If it's safe to do so I super sim to next quarter if there's just seconds left.

Last edited by BTownSlinger; 08-30-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #37
Just started!

OVR: 0

They need to do the commentary like in FIFA where it's two sets of commentators. That way, if you don't like the one pair, you can switch to the other commentators. But I have to agree, the commentary in this game is just bad and inconsistent. At one point, Simms was complaining that the AI should go for it on 4th down and during that entire statement, the AI was already punting the ball back to me. By the time Simms was done with his statement about the 4th down, I was already running the ball back. It was as if he wasn't aware that the AI had already punted the ball to me.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:55 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2

I haven't played the game but sounds like most sports games people complain about the commentary. While I think commentary isn't really isn't that good in any sports game has it is the most unrealistic thing in sports games for 2 reason. To repectative and not enough emotional so while I would like sports games to have better commentary it doesn't bother me much.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:33 PM   #39
Rookie

Anyone remember when EA described their commentary in Madden 13 as "magical".

...uuuggghhh
Old 08-31-2014, 01:10 AM   #40
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless1
They need to do the commentary like in FIFA where it's two sets of commentators. That way, if you don't like the one pair, you can switch to the other commentators. But I have to agree, the commentary in this game is just bad and inconsistent. At one point, Simms was complaining that the AI should go for it on 4th down and during that entire statement, the AI was already punting the ball back to me. By the time Simms was done with his statement about the 4th down, I was already running the ball back. It was as if he wasn't aware that the AI had already punted the ball to me.
That only works if you use good commentators. If one is Simms and the other is Collinsworth you lose either way. They need to listen to the hometown radio announcers for each team that is where you will find some of the best in the business. Ignore these national clowns who use hundreds of cliches and nonsensical phrases dozens of times a game like "they believe they can win" or one of my favorites ""I always think it's important to get off to a good start."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »