Home

Why give 3 schemes for WR's/CB's, only 1 works....

This is a discussion on Why give 3 schemes for WR's/CB's, only 1 works.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Why give 3 schemes for WR's/CB's, only 1 works....

Just tested this out in a CFM......... They have WR1, WR2 and WR3 for schemes, same goes for CB's. Whichever scheme you put for WR1 ALL WR's on your roster/depth chart are affected, makes 0 sense.

Another funny note is start with Carolina and QB1 is mobile since obviously Cam is, so this should not affect Derek Anderson who clearly is nit mobile but it sets his overall at 66 and only way to get him to is normal 71 rating is to set QB1 scheme to strong arm

C'mon EA, this scheme tactic was a good idea but it messed up WAY TOO MANY things in the process, just dump it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Why give 3 schemes for WR's/CB's, only 1 works....

I get what you're saying for the first complaint, but the second is things working like they should. Derek Anderson should be a low rated QB in Carolina's system.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I get what you're saying for the first complaint, but the second is things working like they should. Derek Anderson should be a low rated QB in Carolina's system.
I disagree, I think he should be rated how he actually is because he is the backup, not the QB1 which my scheme says. If I change him to QB1 then yes please drop him letting me know he's a good QB but not in the current scheme and should change it. I shouldn't see all my QB's on my roster as mobile QB's. I'm sure out three in Cleveland Hoyer and Manziel font have same scheme offenses or out in Washington either with RG3 and Cousins.

Actual overall should be seen until your placed into that scheme position ala QB1 or RB1........ What about teams with thunder and lighting type backs...... Pitt with Bell and Blount, NYJ with CJ and Ivory. Why if RB1 is set to speed do the big RB2 backs have to lose there "real" overall rating?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I think the WR2 / WR3 assignments are there for the CPU to use more than anything else to give the CPU options in selecting the types of players at each position it may value. I've never seen the additional position options impact a user team in any way.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:46 PM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
I disagree, I think he should be rated how he actually is because he is the backup, not the QB1 which my scheme says. If I change him to QB1 then yes please drop him letting me know he's a good QB but not in the current scheme and should change it. I shouldn't see all my QB's on my roster as mobile QB's. I'm sure out three in Cleveland Hoyer and Manziel font have same scheme offenses or out in Washington either with RG3 and Cousins.

Actual overall should be seen until your placed into that scheme position ala QB1 or RB1........ What about teams with thunder and lighting type backs...... Pitt with Bell and Blount, NYJ with CJ and Ivory. Why if RB1 is set to speed do the big RB2 backs have to lose there "real" overall rating?
Well, the OVR rating technically is irrelevant. Your HB2 as your "lightning" guy's OVR has dropped, but his speed, accelleration, agility etc. etc. is unchanged. He's still the same player, and plays the same on the field in Madden.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here, but I think you're getting hung up on the OVR rating, which really is irrelevant. It's the ratings that are important to the scheme that are really important, and the ability ratings of the player that are important, not the OVR.

For example, in your scenario, Derek Anderson is a lower OVR in the Panthers system, and rightfully so, the Panthers want a scrambling QB, Derek Anderson is not that as pointed out. So... whats the big deal? If Cam gets hurt, and you need to play Anderson... change the scheme if you're that worried about it. Typically the OC would in reality alter their offensive game plans anyways due to the QB change. So, you alter your scheme, and DA is magically better in the OVR rating again. However, the Anderson that plays in the Scrambling QB scheme, is the same Anderson on the field in Madden by my understanding. The game is just telling you he wont be good as a scrambler.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I dont see the issue, the OVR is irrelevant IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Well, the OVR rating technically is irrelevant. Your HB2 as your "lightning" guy's OVR has dropped, but his speed, accelleration, agility etc. etc. is unchanged. He's still the same player, and plays the same on the field in Madden.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here, but I think you're getting hung up on the OVR rating, which really is irrelevant. It's the ratings that are important to the scheme that are really important, and the ability ratings of the player that are important, not the OVR.

For example, in your scenario, Derek Anderson is a lower OVR in the Panthers system, and rightfully so, the Panthers want a scrambling QB, Derek Anderson is not that as pointed out. So... whats the big deal? If Cam gets hurt, and you need to play Anderson... change the scheme if you're that worried about it. Typically the OC would in reality alter their offensive game plans anyways due to the QB change. So, you alter your scheme, and DA is magically better in the OVR rating again. However, the Anderson that plays in the Scrambling QB scheme, is the same Anderson on the field in Madden by my understanding. The game is just telling you he wont be good as a scrambler.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I dont see the issue, the OVR is irrelevant IMO
That's where we differ, OVR means a lot to me while you see it is as irrelevant.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
That's where we differ, OVR means a lot to me while you see it is as irrelevant.
You value OVR a lot more than the game does. Might want to consider changing that.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

I thought those position schemes are for drafting purposes for the CPU. I could be wrong though.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »