Home

What Happened to Position Editing?

This is a discussion on What Happened to Position Editing? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Happened to Position Editing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davon_A_Brown
One question I do have is what would happen if I turned a WR with 85 speed to TE?
Would his speed drop to 75?

Th3 Chos3n On3
Yeah around there. I had a 6'6'' 245 pound rookie red zone threat receiver that I thought I would make a decent TE at 84 speed and it went down to 76 (I think). I saved before I switched the position though (so I didn't actually keep the position switch).
Old 10-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #58
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

After 1 season in my online CCM I tried moving Ray Mcdonald to DT. He played DT for me all season but I wanted to make the switch official. He took a -20 hit to his block shed and dropped to 40 awareness. I only looked at his overall and noticed the drop so I tried moving him back to DE and putting Justin Smith at DT. Smith dropped to 28 awareness and 64 block shed. I tried moving Smith back to DE as well. Now both guys are listed as 4-3 DEs and are absolutely useless due to the nerfed attributes from the position change.

This is definitely a glitch or error in the game. There's no reason why a position change should permanently ruin a player after he played that position the previous season. Another guy in my league tried shifting Fletcher Cox along his defensive line, Cox's block shed dropped to 70.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #59
Pro

I don't know about ps4 but on ps3 when you move a player to a different position it tells you that ratings will change and it will be permanent.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #60
Rookie

Syncmastr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
I don't know about ps4 but on ps3 when you move a player to a different position it tells you that ratings will change and it will be permanent.
It tells you that on next gen too, but only after you have made the change and it's too late to go back.

A simple "Are you sure you want to move this player?" after it warns you would go a long way. Or even better, list the attribute changes that will happen if you move a player.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #61
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncmastr
It tells you that on next gen too, but only after you have made the change and it's too late to go back.

A simple "Are you sure you want to move this player?" after it warns you would go a long way. Or even better, list the attribute changes that will happen if you move a player.
That would be great, my issue is you can have a guy play out of position all season but when you make the switch official they drop. Typically if you play a guy out of position you can see the attribute hit on the depth chart but in my case the drop was HUGE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #62
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
The popup tells you THAT ratings will change (which in some cases may not be true), but there is no indication of WHAT ratings will change and by how much.

Really they could have at least assimilated NCAA's position change off season feature; not only can you change any player to any position you want, it shows you what their OVR would be.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »