Home

Improved QB Accuracy And Stats? Where?...

This is a discussion on Improved QB Accuracy And Stats? Where?... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Improved QB Accuracy And Stats? Where?...

So I know EA touted the improvements to QB accuracy, being based more on a players overall rating. So, technically we should be seeing more realistic passing percentages across the board.

I'm not seeing it. In fact, I feel like "Robo QB" is worse than ever this year, at least in CFM. Every single CPU QB I have played against is consistently completing passes in the 70 to 80% range. From scrub to elite, the only way to stop them is to get a sack or a turnover. Every pass they throw has pinpoint accuracy, and more often than not, it's a completion.

There is no way in HELL some of the QBs I'm coming up against should be going 17/19 265 yards and 2 TDs. I'm not a horrible player by any means, as I usually end up winning these games because of sacks and INT's, but geez was I excited when EA said they finally had QBs performing based on ratings.

Is this something the rest of you guys are seeing? Or am I just trying to make an excuse because I suck at defense? I'd love to hear OS weigh in on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #2
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Improved QB Accuracy And Stats? Where?...

Check out the sliders forum. Might help some. Specifically, Armor & Sword's All-Pro slider set. He should be doing an update tomorrow on some changes to them, but they are pretty good at separating the lower-tiered QBs, from the QBs that can actually put up good numbers against you.

I agree a player like Chad Henne for the Jags shouldn't be throwing for 70+% completion rate, so check those sliders out if you want. He plays on Slow speed though, I play on Normal using his sliders with some tweaks of my own to his base set.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I have QBA set at 5 on All Pro and I'm seeing plenty of inaccuracy from the CPU.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:22 AM   #4
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I have QBA set at 5 on All Pro and I'm seeing plenty of inaccuracy from the CPU.
Earlier last night, Armor had his twitch stream running and CPU QB acc at 5. Needless to say, Peyton Manning played horribly. Bumping it up to just 5 points higher and to 10, he played against Aaron Rodgers and the decision making and completion of the passes was like night and day compared to how Manning did.

So, I think he's settled on 10 for the sweet spot. You'll still see errant throws from the lower tiered QBs at 10, but the better QBs will end up with higher completion percentages against you. You won't see Manning throw many errant passes as you do on 5 CPU QB acc. Any higher, and the errant throws seem to disappear from QBs like Chad Henne (I know I keep using him as an example lol), whereas 10 they still happen enough to be believable.

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-30-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Earlier last night, Armor had his twitch stream running and CPU QB acc at 5. Needless to say, Peyton Manning played horribly. Bumping it up to just 5 points and to 10, he played Aaron Rodgers and the decision making and completion of the passes was like night and day. So, I think he's settled on 10 for the sweet spot. You'll still see errant throws from the lower tiered QBs at 10, but the better QBs will end up with higher completion percentages against you. You won't see Manning throw many errant passes as you do on 5 CPU QB acc. Any higher, and the errant throws seem to disappear from QBs like Chad Henne (I know I keep using him as an example lol), whereas 10 they still happen enough to be believable.
I dont have a problem with Manning have 3-4 bad throws a game and thats what I'm seeing at 5. At 10, I wasnt seeing enough bad throws imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #6
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont have a problem with Manning have 3-4 bad throws a game and thats what I'm seeing at 5. At 10, I wasnt seeing enough bad throws imo.
In the game I saw he threw 3 picks (2 pick sixes), with one pick being on an errant overthrow. I think he had around 120 yards passing total and an abysmal completion percentage. Armor was playing as the Colts in that game. Maybe it was just one of those flukey games, but 10 seems to be favored by him now. 10 for the user QB acc as well, thus far with his sliders.

Went up to 10, playing as the Vikings, and Aaron Rodgers was playing lights out. Even tucked the ball and ran for some yardage on some plays when the pressure came, but I know that's not tied to QB accuracy, but it was still a great looking performance by him, which Peyton Manning just couldn't do on 5.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:48 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Thanks for the advice guys. This was one of my most looked forward to parts of the game. Hopefully this will help some of the problems I'm having.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #8
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

The only time I see Robo quarterback is when I play defensive lineman and rush at the QB.

It seems to make they're awareness go up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »