Home

Two things I feel Madden dev team really needs to consider.

This is a discussion on Two things I feel Madden dev team really needs to consider. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Two things I feel Madden dev team really needs to consider.

I have to strongly disagree.

Scripted animations leave you feeling like you have no control over what is happening in the game, especially when getting engaged by a defender. RTP work better and give the user a greater feeling of control. I call it the vacuum effect, you feel like you get sucked right into the defender and have no control over whether you get tackled or not like its a predetermination, hence....scripted animations.

RTP is great, it just needs to be tweaked and that is where the problem is. Too many other things are getting the focus *cough*MUT*cough* when working on something like RTP can make the game much better overall.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 08-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #18
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
I have to strongly disagree.

Scripted animations leave you feeling like you have no control over what is happening in the game, especially when getting engaged by a defender. RTP work better and give the user a greater feeling of control. I call it the vacuum effect, you feel like you get sucked right into the defender and have no control over whether you get tackled or not like its a predetermination, hence....scripted animations.

RTP is great, it just needs to be tweaked and that is where the problem is. Too many other things are getting the focus *cough*MUT*cough* when working on something like RTP can make the game much better overall.
Well playing NCAA 14 I remember how much cleaner the RTP was in that game, so I now tend to believe it is possible to have both. I really hope they tighten it up next year, or maybe tighten this years game with a patch.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:05 PM   #19
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

Oh it's certainly possible to have both, but scripted animations should NOT in any case be in place over RTP.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 08-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #20
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
Oh it's certainly possible to have both, but scripted animations should NOT in any case be in place over RTP.
I agree that anything "scripted" should not be in the game, things need to play out as "real" as possible. And what I am about to say may not be popular, but it is the only way for this game to take the massive step forward that we all want to see it take...

EA needs to start from scratch for the PS4/X One - just take an entire year off and redo the entire game. It gets so maddening - slight pun intended - to hear Phil Simms say how a play just made it easier for my team to convert on 3rd down when it's only 2nd down, or how the commentary never seems like they're watching my game!

The new systems are so powerful that having RTP and having it work correctly is certainly possible without the rag-doll look, but what they're doing now is applying makeup to a pig. The game was ported over and we all know the plethora of problems that were - and still are - in the game.

To be in 2014 and with a new gen of systems, it is simply unbelievable that we aren't farther along in football gaming. Of course EA won't ever do what I am suggesting because of the $$$ involved. Look at how they rushed M25 out to take advantage of the new systems and to rake in the money that they knew would be there.

However, if they came out and made an announcement that they were taking an entire year off to start over, that patches would be available for new rookies next year and that in 2016 we would have a completely new game that is made specifically for the new systems and that the game would be far superior to what we have now, I know that people would be cool with that. The casual gamers, which are the ones they seem to cater to anyway, wouldn't miss the game at all... they would simply move onto whatever else is out there, be it first person shooter games or whatever, but those of us dying for a true sim football game would be willing to wait, so long as they delivered a truly outstanding game.

One thing that kills me with M15 is that the CPU cheeses! I've seen - multiple times - the CPU QB do something that is physically impossible for a human being to do. Things that EA said they removed from the game years ago, yet they are still present in the game from the CPU on All-Madden. And THAT is the crap that has to go!

There are so many things that EA needs to address... for instance, why do they still force us to keep a certain amount of position players??? They have the Run & Shoot offense in the game - limited as it may be - and yet you are forced to have a FB and 2 TE's, when the true R&S never used or had any FB's or TE's. Why can't I choose to have NO FB's or TE's and instead load up on more WR's???

The trading system also needs work... if I try to trade 3 players to a team for one draft pick, I can't because that trade will put the CPU team "over" 53 players... why can't the CPU make the trade and then release players to get them back to 53??? This happens in real life, why not in Madden???

They also need to implement a smarter way of awareness as to what kind of team you are. I get tired of every game seeing the same starting lineup for my team, when the actual team I am running with doesn't use the players they claim that I am using.

I know that I've turned this from a RTP rant into much more - LOL - but there are so many things that need changed and it is my opinion that they won't ever get all these things done correctly. It is a freaking video game, if I don't want any FB's or TE's, then don't force them on me. Get your announcers smarter so that they actually know what kind of offense I am running and take advantage of the power of the new systems to create a truly revolutionary game!

We can hope, right???

Old 08-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #21
Rookie

Desolationmike's Arena

OVR: 0

I was a big fan of backbreaker and after they patched it up I felt like the real time physics worked quite well, there was still some issues but as a whole I really enjoyed the game. I'm also holing that with all these new stumbling animations in Madden they can steal the stumble recovery feature Backbreaker had.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »