Home

Preseason games.

This is a discussion on Preseason games. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #9
Rookie

FindingQuiet's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Preseason games.

Completely agree Quinn. The injury thing last year was obnoxious at times in pre season. To the point where I was in the habit of getting a good pre season sim and saving at the end of it and using that as the starting point for my franchises.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #10
Rookie

Chetballard's Arena

OVR: 3

Just lower the minutes per quarter because who cares its preseason. Try to play two games sim two. There is no need for more unless you want. In those two games, try to learn the playbook and find good young players you want to keep.

The AI will cut younger players with low rating, they you could develop into a good player, so be careful and save game before cuts each week in preseason. My point is the AI is not the best at cutting the right players, so watch that
Old 08-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #11
Pro

Personally, in addition to the training/confidence aspect, I enjoy playing the preseason games because I like to get the feel of any players I have newly acquired or drafted.

It's a little tedious, but I go ahead and update my depth charts throughout the game so that the 2nd and 3rd stringers play a decent amount.

Although, I haven't tried it this year, but in previous years I was always irritated because players don't get enough XP for just playing. I mean, my 3rd string OL should get at least a nice chunk of experience for playing a half, but in previous versions he would never get any experience at all, or like TWELVE XP or something. Hopefully that's different this year, but I suspect it won't be...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #12
Rookie

FindingQuiet's Arena

This year the weekly goals really impact how much XP you earn for a player. Check them out for your backups and try to focus on a few guys that you want to get the big bonus for hitting their goal.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingQuiet
This year the weekly goals really impact how much XP you earn for a player. Check them out for your backups and try to focus on a few guys that you want to get the big bonus for hitting their goal.
Are they realistic, though? I mean, I really struggled to get weekly goals for my players, because I play with a total rookie team, so we tend to lose, which makes it almost impossible to get these goals that are like "Get 3 rushing touchdowns"...

In my book, players should get a certain amount of XP each week just for playing. Maybe something like 5-8 XP per play, so if you get 60 offensive plays in a game, and your backup plays a half, he would get something like 150-180 XP. Then if you meet weekly goals you would get still more.

I simmed all of last season with my rookie team . . . I had a rookie P, and there is no option to train my punter with Game Prep. After the entire season he had 768 XP. How am I supposed to improve my punter like that?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #14
Rookie

FindingQuiet's Arena

They look realistic to me. They even account for it being pre season.

My 4th receiver just needs to make 3 catches.

My punter needs to put 3 punts inside the 20 and he gets 625 XP for it.

Backup HB needs 50 combined yards and gets 295 XP.

This is all for week 1 of pre season.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingQuiet
They look realistic to me. They even account for it being pre season.

My 4th receiver just needs to make 3 catches.

My punter needs to put 3 punts inside the 20 and he gets 625 XP for it.

Backup HB needs 50 combined yards and gets 295 XP.

This is all for week 1 of pre season.
Yeah I am looking at it now. DRASTICALLY improved over previous years.

Although, it's still incredibly irritating that if I want to check these, I have to do them ONE.AT.A.TIME, and I can't reference them in-game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #16
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

I always turn injuries off for preseason. I usually play 2-3 possessions for each side of the ball, then set my depth chart to give certain guys the opportunities and remove star players. Then super sim to the end. Been playing year one preseason games though to get a feel for the speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »