Home

The QTE popups for D-line play

This is a discussion on The QTE popups for D-line play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 06:06 AM   #1
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
The QTE popups for D-line play

Do you feel that the power and finesse move popups while playing on the D-line are necessary to keep on for optimal play?

Sure, if you have a player like RDE Robert Quinn who has a high power move ability, you can keep pressing X, hoping it triggers and you get off the block, but sometimes the finesse button popup comes up as well (even if it's not your best move), and gives you another opportunity to get off the block quicker and make a sack or run stop.

Do you think it is more efficient as a D-linemen to keep those graphic popups up, or is it just as useful to turn it off and mash X or A (Xbox One) while they are off? I just find it a bit arcadey looking, but it seems I have more success when I get the prompt to hit X or A to make a move on the O-linemen. Does mashing the X button for a power move even work when it isn't prompted to use?

What do you think, on or off? I've already turned off the tackle cone as I couldn't stand looking at it, and I do find without that, but popups for power and finesse moves is a different case it seems.

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-31-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Re: The QTE popups for D-line play

I keep them on, but mostly overlook them. I just mash 'x' until I see a square pop up. It seems to work out ok.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:25 AM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I keep them on on All-Madden, I have the other visual options turned off. On a pass play I tend to mass but in a run I try to set the edge or stay in my gap then to left or right depending on the RB

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #4
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Maybe mashing X or A for your power move is okay, even when it isn't up, but I would think as soon as I see the finesse move button popup, you get an instant chance to hit that and as long as your finesse move isn't too low, there's a good chance it'll get you off the block. Seems without having the QTE popups on, you lose the advantage when it switches between power and finesse move prompts, since you can't see them pop up with it off.

Unless the power and finesse moves work even without the QTE prompts up for your D-lineman.. that's what I'm trying to figure out. I would prefer it off, as I already stated I think it's kind of arcadey looking, but if it needs to be on to get the most out of your D-lineman, then so be it I guess. Just trying to figure it out. lol

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-31-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like the how it adds timing to the game instead of just mashing buttons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 08:32 AM   #6
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

I keep mines off I feel like it's a bit of a distraction sometime. I think it's more fun to not have it on and try to get the time off by yourself.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 08-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #7
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
I like the how it adds timing to the game instead of just mashing buttons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, timing. Which leads me to believe that you have to turn the option on to see the prompts for power and finesse moves, and that mashing the buttons without them up does nothing, but I'm still not sure, because if that was the case then why give us the option to turn it off and not know when to perform the moves? Yet again, just trying to figure out if mashing it without the QTE popups work, or not.. hoping someone has tested this enough to know for sure.

I guess you could turn off and blindly mash one of the buttons and hope that it pops up without you knowing and you get off the block, but that wouldn't see like the most effective way, since you have the choice randomly to use a power move or finesse move if it pops up.

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-31-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:44 AM   #8
Rookie

FindingQuiet's Arena

Are you sure it's actually giving you the timing for button presses? I can't believe if it was giving you an advantage that it's something they would allow to be on in higher game levels? Usually they disable that stuff for All Madden and All Pro.

I think it's just giving you a suggestion based on being tied up. Like, hey don't just sit there hit a button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »