Home

is progression/game prep worth the time?

This is a discussion on is progression/game prep worth the time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
is progression/game prep worth the time?

im starting a CFM and im not sure if I should let the CPU do progression/game prep or if I should do it

I really would rather just play the games and manage the roster. my only real concern is that the CPU will do such a poor job of it. Will my players progress realistically by the CPU? will the CPU do a decent job of game prepping (or at least not mess anything up)?

thanks for any info you can give me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: is progression/game prep worth the time?

I've often wondered this too but just end up letting the CPU do it anyways.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
im starting a CFM and im not sure if I should let the CPU do progression/game prep or if I should do it

I really would rather just play the games and manage the roster. my only real concern is that the CPU will do such a poor job of it. Will my players progress realistically by the CPU? will the CPU do a decent job of game prepping (or at least not mess anything up)?

thanks for any info you can give me
The CPU does a good job but if you want to focus on specific players it's best to do it yourself. For instance If you are the Patriots and want to develop Jimmy Garoppolo the CPU will mostly work on confidence because the Pats are a contender. At the end of the day though you get the most benefit from actually playing the games.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie

FindingQuiet's Arena

The CPU rarely looks outside of starters and 2nd string. So if you have someone you want to develop lower than that then you have to do so manually.

The upside is that game prep isn't that much if a grind. Once you learn it you're looking at maybe 5 minutes on the high side.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

Yes it is, players finally progress as they should based off play and how much work you put in with them.

So glad, they got rid of predetermined ratings with that stupid potential rating.
Chicago Blackhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 05:59 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingQuiet
The CPU rarely looks outside of starters and 2nd string. So if you have someone you want to develop lower than that then you have to do so manually.

The upside is that game prep isn't that much if a grind. Once you learn it you're looking at maybe 5 minutes on the high side.
5 minutes? The choices seemed to be hours, so is that make believe hours or something?
Old 08-31-2014, 06:04 PM   #7
Rookie

FindingQuiet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
5 minutes? The choices seemed to be hours, so is that make believe hours or something?
Yes, think of the hours as points. You are given so many hours to use for training based on how many days between games you have.

You can put them into developing XP or confidence and you get to pick which players get the development. As soon as you make your choice, the XP and/or confidence is assigned.

You can choose to spend your hours (points) on drills from the skill trainer that can result in higher XP gains if you want. Even that though only extends the time spent in game prep by about 10 minutes.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:34 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingQuiet
Yes, think of the hours as points. You are given so many hours to use for training based on how many days between games you have.

You can put them into developing XP or confidence and you get to pick which players get the development. As soon as you make your choice, the XP and/or confidence is assigned.

You can choose to spend your hours (points) on drills from the skill trainer that can result in higher XP gains if you want. Even that though only extends the time spent in game prep by about 10 minutes.
Aha! I really thought it was hours as in real hours, thank you!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »