Home

Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 08:34 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 30
Definitely believe that this title is exaggerated but like someone mentioned earlier, one thing about presentation is the repalys showing such zoomed in shots most times. Need varying broadcast can angles thrown in. The qb intro needs variations with the qb 'trot in' animation cuz they all do the same exact thing with the trot and hand clap. Overall, with the presentation, I just want more variation in everything so we don't see the same animations and cuts so frequently.

The commentary just needs a whole new system or lesser known voice actors so they can pay them less and work them more to give more commentary that far varied than what's there, now. Otherwise, I'm good with this Madden. Great step in right direction.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Presentation is One Step Forward, Four Steps Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Definitely believe that this title is exaggerated but like someone mentioned earlier, one thing about presentation is the repalys showing such zoomed in shots most times. Need varying broadcast can angles thrown in. The qb intro needs variations with the qb 'trot in' animation cuz they all do the same exact thing with the trot and hand clap. Overall, with the presentation, I just want more variation in everything so we don't see the same animations and cuts so frequently.
I agree with all of that.

With the QB run-outs, it's: run funny; put your head down and start shaking your head halfway to the huddle; clap your hands; hunch of over.

No variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
The commentary just needs a whole new system or lesser known voice actors so they can pay them less and work them more to give more commentary that far varied than what's there, now. Otherwise, I'm good with this Madden. Great step in right direction.
The biggest issue with commentary is how it's being written and programmed, and that's evidenced by all of the strange generic lines. They've recorded tons of last names and all the team names, yet in situations where they should be said a generic line is spoken instead. Here are some examples:

"The defense lines up in..." = wrong

"The Cowboys line up in..." = right

Kicker comes out to kick a 47 yard field goal, nothing is said = wrong

"Smith in to attempt a 47 yard field goal" = right

"The quarterback made an excellent throw there" = wrong

"Manning made an excellent throw there" = right (2K football had great system in place to handle this exact type of line and it was smooth)

There are all sorts of spots like that. Bringing in full-time guys will get you more lines, but it won't fix the script-writing or the programming that's holding a lot of things back.

Last edited by FaceMask; 08-31-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #51
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dozer
They need to hire a dozen no name (see: cheap) voice actors and record a TON of commentary. No one buys Madden because Simms and Nance are in it.
I disagree.

They just need to do it correctly. I don't wanna hear make-believe announcers on my NFL game. I actually like Nantz and Simms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #52
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This! I know I'm probably in the minority but I miss the radio guy from Madden 06 - 08. He was energetic & made me feel like I was in the game as opposed to watching it. EA needs to scrap the Sims & Nantz experiment. Sims is ok but Nantz makes my ears bleed lol. The main problem is how EA puts the commentary together. I thought Gus Johnson was a wasted opportunity because EA doesn't seem to know how to program commentary to be seemless ala NBA 2K basketball. They should just hire some generic guys that they wouldn't have to pay as much & use those resources to improve other parts of the game.
You miss the radio guy? Are you drinking??

We don't EVER want that again. Don't even get that started.

And by the way.....he was ATROCIOUS!! The worst ever, easily.

Last edited by statum71; 08-31-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:41 PM   #53
Pro

I'm all for getting no names if it means having multiple personalities and flavors in the booth..........
Old 08-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #54
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
it makes no sense that ncaa 14 integrated the espn presentation with commentators and halftime show while this is nowhere to be found in madden. they could go the monday night football route (with tirico and gruden) for night games and add simms and nantz for sunday games. it would really be a nice touch. it irks me that they can do this with the college games and not the professional games. even nhl 15 has NBC presentation now. it's a shame the flagship title for EA doesn't have the best presentation of all sports games.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:43 PM   #55
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

I wouldn't mind being able to read the stat overlay's that pop up before they disappear, whats the point even having them if they can't be read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 10:53 PM   #56
Rookie

i made it through one drive before I turned the commentary off...and there were several repeated lines in that one drive.

Jim Nantz is fine but I just cannot stand Phil "Captain Obvious" Simms. Even when he's calling an actual game I switch to some other commentary option so I don't have to listen to him.

I would rather have Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth back....Hell, I'd rather listen to Buck and Aikman than another line out of Phil Simms' mouth...

Actually to take it further...I'd rather have Ian Eagle (the worst NFL commentator ever) do solo commentary on Madden than listen to Simms again.

right....that's out of my system now...lol...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »