Home

Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 04:49 AM   #65
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
You miss the radio guy? Are you drinking??

We don't EVER want that again. Don't even get that started.

And by the way.....he was ATROCIOUS!! The worst ever, easily.
The radio guy was awesome! It sounded like an actual broadcast. They just needed to add a color guy for him. He had solid play by play, never took plays off and was both energetic and insightful.

If you think he was the worst ever you must have skipped the years with Chris Collinsworth and the present years with Phil Simms...

Last edited by Sheba2011; 09-01-2014 at 04:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #66
Just started!

Madden gameplay is always good to great. The commentary is horrific. The people in charge of this should be fired for such a horrible product. Every other sports game has awesome commentary, why can't madden?
Old 09-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The radio guy was awesome! It sounded like an actual broadcast. They just needed to add a color guy for him. He had solid play by play, never took plays off and was both energetic and insightful.

If you think he was the worst ever you must have skipped the years with Chris Collinsworth and the present years with Phil Simms...
Are you kidding me. The radio guy was awful. Play a game with falcons and see how many times you hear superman. Like every play. He was very generic and only had the most basic things to say. Going from Madden and Al to the radio guy was la horrible way to start next gen. All those games were bumbling messes though so I guess that only fits it.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 30
Didn't complete my train of thought. Was at a cookout drinking and typing my remarks on my girl's phone trying to hurry up but to continue, as for the shots of the crowd - I can agree with the op but Madden's crowd still isn't quite ready for it's closeup. Faaar too many repeating ppl and animations. Living worlds is not quite up to snuff plus they don't react properly to situations on the field. No way a home crowd should be sitting yet sounding fairly boisterous when their team is to make or stop a comeback in the last few min/secs of a game, for example, which leads me to audio...

Audio as the op mentioned is still not quite up to snuff. The swells are definitely not right yet and there are still probs with the crowd reacting correctly to their own team ie instant replay challenges. Ever hear the home team crowd boo when a challenge goes in their teams favor??? For how many years have we heard this? How about u playing an away game in Dallas wyen u coulda swore Dallas was the home team (heh) yet the crowd seems to be confused about this aspect and cheer YOUR accomplishments on the field AGAINST their team????

Anyway, I digress. Next yr, hopefully, they'll rebuild or correct and improve audio along with crowd reaction....as well as penalties which is a completely separate unrelated entity in itself. Ciao
Old 09-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #69
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I think the article is a little rough on the state of presentation in Madden NFL 15, but what do I know, I'm the guy spamming the A button to get past that mess just to see the play call menu.

And the play call UI is what the article should really be about.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #70
Rookie

If you've ever played this game (real football) you know that the only thing(s) you hear, is field and crowd noises. TV presentation works when you're just watching a game on TV. So for me, commentators in a video game doesn't work, because my attention is on the field of play. I know the down & distance without being told by a canned announcer. So if you want a really good presentation experience playing a video football game, turn off the audio!
Old 09-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #71
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3
Good read, I don't think it's so much 4 steps back as it an awkward stumble forward. The little presentation progress made is something positive I guess, but until they mold the cut scenes and replays into something more realistic and not the super turbo-zoomed fixed ball cam, I'll be mashing A as fast as possible to avoid a potential seizure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok, I feel like I need to chime in here. While I have had issues with the quality of the commentary, I can't get why people think that adding more commentary teams would make it better. This is arguably the worst solution to the problem. I am all for multiple commentary teams to make games unique, but that definitely needs to wait until they get things right with one team of announcers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »