Home

The strength of player traits

This is a discussion on The strength of player traits within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2
The strength of player traits

I just wanted to mention something I've noticed when messing around with mechanics of the game trying to work out sim stats and such: after we found out how much team playbooks played a role in players stats, the numbers were way better than stock, but still too low offensively and too high defensively. I spent pathetic amounts of time testing this and testing that until I ended up grabbing my balls an delving into editing players. I started editing throw acc and awr ratings for qbs. I lowered catch ratings for DBs----both VERY small amounts, never really changed anyone's overall more than 1 point if at all. After doing that I was feeling good about it, tested it, saw it was a little better again but still too low offensively and high defensively. So before almost giving up, I began to change defensive player traits for PLAY BALL IN AIR from aggressive to balanced. And some balanced players I changed to conservative. I changed maybe 15-20 defensive player traits and it resulted in massive changes in numbers. INTs dropped to exactly where they need to be (league leaders near 6-9 oer year)
I was extremely proud of myself by that point. But when I played, I noticed qbs were taking a few too many sacks which bothered me. So once again, I checked player traits, for QBs this time, and changed their pocket awareness traits to fit their personalities. Most are set to 'ideal' when they should be at 'paranoid'--someone who doesn't get sacked much. Or 'oblivious'---rookies, young guys who get sacked a lot etc. or 'trigger happy'- dudes who throw too many INTs and make decisions too quick when under pressure. With these changes, sim stats fall exactly into place, and gameplay is unbelievable. Big Ben will run around behind the line under pressure breaking tackles etc and then get a pass off for 10 yards lol. Drew Bree's got hurt, an his backup went 16-38 199 yards and 2INTs against me. I sacked him twice. Peyton manning will make wayyy less dumb decisions. He will throw it away more when he should or check down to a short route under pressure getting rid of the ball faster. Cam will try and run a little bit more when things break down etc

The point of this is, a lot of people are having problems with small gameplay issues. My advice would be to look at: team schemes and player traits. Most player traits are set to the generic setting even if a player is outstanding at that trait it's weird. EA out traits in the game but like forgot to turn most players on or something idk. But with these changes I can Garuntee you things will fall ibo place. I will update my roster sometime today if interested.

SUMMARY:
TOO MANY SACKS/INTS????? CHANGE QB TRAITS!!!!!!! TRAITS ARE EXTREMLEY POWERFUL!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

FindingQuiet's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The strength of player traits

I know a few of the slider guys have messed with traits to help with how easy it is to get sacks on the CPU.

It had to do with changing throw the ball away, clutch and I believe sense pressure.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingQuiet
I know a few of the slider guys have messed with traits to help with how easy it is to get sacks on the CPU.

It had to do with changing throw the ball away, clutch and I believe sense pressure.
Yup exactly. Traits dramatically change gameplay. They're like sliders for individual players basically
Old 09-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

What are you talking about when you mention that stats are affected by team playbook chosen?
Old 09-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
What are you talking about when you mention that stats are affected by team playbook chosen?
Lets take a team as an example: New England patriots.

It's a well known fact New England passes the ball 70% of the time at least. And everyone knows that Tom Brady is going to throw for 4100 yards or more every year. So when you sim a season or finish a season and end up looking at stats to see tom Brady finished with 11 TDs 10 INTs and 2400 yards you know something is wrong.

When games get simulated, madden just randomly chooses plays out of the teams given playbooks and tracks the results. Now, I'm sure it's much more complicated than that, but just for explanations sake. In real life new England's playbook probably consists of 10 passing plays to every 2 running plays (for example) and in madden their playbook would consist of 7 passing plays to every 2 running plays. You follow me?

So by switching new England's playbook to 'pass balanced' (a playbook that has a lot of passing plays) the game will typically call 80% passing plays as opposed to 20% running plays. you'll end up with Tom Brady putting up more passes netting him more accurate stats.

With Carolina panthers set to run balanced, the opposite would occur netting more carries for running backs netting more yards and TDs.

And getting Tom Brady to throw more passes results in his high overall and ratings to those stats being positive, which is where the player traits changes come in etc.

Last edited by Connolly22; 09-01-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

I thought you meant it affects their on the field attributes during gameplay
Old 09-02-2014, 12:30 AM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22
I just wanted to mention something I've noticed when messing around with mechanics of the game trying to work out sim stats and such: after we found out how much team playbooks played a role in players stats, the numbers were way better than stock, but still too low offensively and too high defensively. I spent pathetic amounts of time testing this and testing that until I ended up grabbing my balls an delving into editing players. I started editing throw acc and awr ratings for qbs. I lowered catch ratings for DBs----both VERY small amounts, never really changed anyone's overall more than 1 point if at all. After doing that I was feeling good about it, tested it, saw it was a little better again but still too low offensively and high defensively. So before almost giving up, I began to change defensive player traits for PLAY BALL IN AIR from aggressive to balanced. And some balanced players I changed to conservative. I changed maybe 15-20 defensive player traits and it resulted in massive changes in numbers. INTs dropped to exactly where they need to be (league leaders near 6-9 oer year)
I was extremely proud of myself by that point. But when I played, I noticed qbs were taking a few too many sacks which bothered me. So once again, I checked player traits, for QBs this time, and changed their pocket awareness traits to fit their personalities. Most are set to 'ideal' when they should be at 'paranoid'--someone who doesn't get sacked much. Or 'oblivious'---rookies, young guys who get sacked a lot etc. or 'trigger happy'- dudes who throw too many INTs and make decisions too quick when under pressure. With these changes, sim stats fall exactly into place, and gameplay is unbelievable. Big Ben will run around behind the line under pressure breaking tackles etc and then get a pass off for 10 yards lol. Drew Bree's got hurt, an his backup went 16-38 199 yards and 2INTs against me. I sacked him twice. Peyton manning will make wayyy less dumb decisions. He will throw it away more when he should or check down to a short route under pressure getting rid of the ball faster. Cam will try and run a little bit more when things break down etc

The point of this is, a lot of people are having problems with small gameplay issues. My advice would be to look at: team schemes and player traits. Most player traits are set to the generic setting even if a player is outstanding at that trait it's weird. EA out traits in the game but like forgot to turn most players on or something idk. But with these changes I can Garuntee you things will fall ibo place. I will update my roster sometime today if interested.

SUMMARY:
TOO MANY SACKS/INTS????? CHANGE QB TRAITS!!!!!!! TRAITS ARE EXTREMLEY POWERFUL!!!!
Can you list specifically by quarterback what you changed?

For Manning, for example, what did you change him to?
Old 09-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #8
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Can you list specifically by quarterback what you changed?

For Manning, for example, what did you change him to?
Manning for example would be throw ball away: yes pocket awareness (or whatever it's called) set to aranoid. Qbs set to paranoid check to the throw ball away trait and scramble trait quicker than ideal or average. So if Peyton is yes for throw ball away and never scramble then he will throw ball out of bounds before u sack him more often than not.

Eli manning would be set at throws ball away, never. Scrambles never and pocket awareness to average or trigger happy so he forces throws to people who are covered and throws too many INTs.

Colin kap I'd have at throws ball away: no scrambles: often pocket awareness: paranoid. So that when he gets pressured he'll take off and run a few times a game. Etc

Last edited by Connolly22; 09-02-2014 at 09:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »