Home

Tons of Rookies with Dreads

This is a discussion on Tons of Rookies with Dreads within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 05:30 AM   #9
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tons of Rookies with Dreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Just had another draft, 4/7 players had dreads of some sort

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Honestly can say this is something I notice and then never pay attention to again. Dreads are huge right now in college football take a look at any teams roster and you will see multiple players with them from every position.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
Just started!

WaSabiii's Arena

IMO, the rookie design in this game is terrible. You're not given enough points to really scout worth a crap and the rookies you draft look terrible. 80% of them have dreads like previously discussed (and you can't tell me 80% of black guys have dreads because that's false), they appear nothing like their photo, and they all look like they are wearing lineman pads. And you can't make the pads any smaller. Because NCAA Football did not make a game this year (or for the foreseeable future...) this is the first Madden I've played in 5 years so I don't know if this is a problem they've had for awhile now. I'm not going to say it's ruined franchise mode but it's the #1 problem by far for me. In a game that has pride itself on increased realism, they truly dropped the ball here.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #11
Banned

I can't take my free safety serious with those dreadlocks. a whole secondary full of dreadlocks. did I mention my wide receiver and running back has dreadlocks also. I actually cut the running back for that reason alone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

i dread the day when they take this feature away
Old 09-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman_legend
I can't take my free safety serious with those dreadlocks. a whole secondary full of dreadlocks. did I mention my wide receiver and running back has dreadlocks also. I actually cut the running back for that reason alone
I've just decided that I'll be saving right before the draft and re-doing the drafts until I avoid drafting 5 guys per season with dreads. I'm perfectly fine with 1-2, but I drafted 3 WRs and 1 TE last night to revamp my receiving corps, and all 4 had dreads. It was ridiculous.

I wish we just had an option for a guy to have dreads. Possibly add it into the equipment section with options as Dreads - Long, Short, None, or something like that. Basically it would make the dreads an accessory rather than haircut but atleast we could remove them or add them at the user's choice.

They should also add some real pictures of guys with dreads so I dont have some clean shaved black guy in the roster pic who turns out to look like Bob Marley lol.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #14
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkjoey
i dread the day when they take this feature away
I see what you did there!

Quote:
@OP, you would probably hate the Packers secondary then(I just hate them because I'm a Bears fan)... Al Harris, Tramon Williams, Morgan Burnett, Atari Bigby, Jerron McMillian all have crazy long dreads, and that's just in the secondary. There was a point that I could only identify the individual players by how long there dreads were since they covered the names and a lot of the number in back.

Take away the fact that they had MD Jennings last year also, Eddie Lacy has them as well. I'm actually pretty content that they went along with the trend in the created players, pretty dope.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 09-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #15
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
my whole secondary has dreads now
Legion of Dreads!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #16
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I have drafted a ton of players who have the picture of a black guy and on the field his player model is white... And vice versa. This has been an issue for YEARS. The EA art department can't figure out a fix or they simply don't care.

Its the small things, EA.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »