Home

Fantasy Drafting

This is a discussion on Fantasy Drafting within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Rookie

BeantowneS's Arena

OVR: 0
Fantasy Drafting

So I am sure I am not alone in saying that the fantasy draft part of connected franchise is one of my favorites. I am already digging into it and was going to put together a excel sheet for dev 2 and 3 players with their schemes, styles, and other aspects we might like as a cheat sheet so to speak. I was asking if there was any interest in this and if so maybe some ideas for info that would be helpful on this sheet. Thanks ahead for any suggestions. I will openly share this sheet once I am completed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Fantasy Drafting

Actually I have interest. I've been trying some fantasy drafting and haven't really hit a decent team that I liked. I tried different drafting strategies like one draft I went QB first, another draft I went CB first, and a different one I went MLB first. Just didn't really pan out the way I liked.

I was thinking of trying a new strategy and go total defense first like:

Round 1 and 2: Draft a top FS and top SS.
Round 3: MLB
Round 4 and 5: Grab either two DT's or a DT and a CB.

then in Rounds 6+: Go offense, maybe either get Beastmode (marshawn lynch) in the 7th round, grab either Bortles or Bridgewater as a QB in the 6th. Then start getting some WR's, and get my O-line in the 11th+ rounds.

What do you think?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

OVR: 5

I am definitely interested in this. The last draft I did I picked up Sherman in the first. I had the fourth pick. Next round I grabbed Manziel. Then, to my surprise, AP still hadn't been picked up. So I grabbed him. I wonder if they will patch this soon?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Yea I picked up Sherman in one of my drafts too. The issue is that with good corners on the outside, the cpu QB will exploit the middle and slant you to death and march down the field with slants. LB's with decent pass coverage are better in this game than having the best corner. And great safeties are a must for defending the middle.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 09-02-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
Rookie

BeantowneS's Arena

Great. This is what I have come up with so far. I can attach the xls once I am competed. I have also found some late sleepers with 2s and 3s for devs. They don't show up till later rounds so if anyone finds ones that I don't have listed can you send them to me and I will update the list for us. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Madden 15 Fantasy Draft Cheat Sheet - Sheet1.pdf (48.4 KB, 490 views)

Last edited by BeantowneS; 09-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmx21
I am definitely interested in this. The last draft I did I picked up Sherman in the first. I had the fourth pick. Next round I grabbed Manziel. Then, to my surprise, AP still hadn't been picked up. So I grabbed him. I wonder if they will patch this soon?
Probably has to do with age
Why get AP when he does not have that many good years left in him

Best to draft a young guy like Stacy/Ellington/etc so that you can have a good rb for the coming years.

Fantasy drafts are all about creating a dynasty unless you want to just win now and spend the next 5 years playing catch up trying to draft the next big thing
Old 09-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkjoey
Probably has to do with age
Why get AP when he does not have that many good years left in him

Best to draft a young guy like Stacy/Ellington/etc so that you can have a good rb for the coming years.

Fantasy drafts are all about creating a dynasty unless you want to just win now and spend the next 5 years playing catch up trying to draft the next big thing
The fantasy draft is based on teams completely starting over and rebuilding. If you're putting together franchise players I don't see many gm's choosing Stacy and Ellington over elite players like AP. I think the rookie qbs go way too high
Old 09-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidanthony813
The fantasy draft is based on teams completely starting over and rebuilding. If you're putting together franchise players I don't see many gm's choosing Stacy and Ellington over elite players like AP. I think the rookie qbs go way too high
AP would still go ahead of Ellington and Stacy. That is not a question. However, RB's are not as valuable in the NFL anymore, which is why they aren't taken until the 4th round in Madden fantasy drafts. Teams are more willing to wait on RB's and get a good QB, LT, WR, CB, LB, or DE before getting a RB. Not to mention the fact that on Madden, AP has maybe 3-4 good years left on him, whereas you could use a guy like Stacy or Ellington for 7 and develop them into being just as good as AP. Again, the QB's go high because teams are planning for the future and don't want to miss out on a QB (a scarce position).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »