Home

Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

This is a discussion on Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #17
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

Playing on Normal speed (or higher) cleans up a lot of the QB play....not perfect, but far fewer of those WTF moments occur.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #18
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I disagree with the OP. It's the same QB AI for the last umpteen years. No better, no worse.

I agree w/ you Blue I think messing w/ the sliders is causing all these extremes. yea I have had games where I got 5-6 sacks on a QB but never more than that. I really haven't seen the QB dump the ball off the the back much either. Maybe just me and all I played so far is "play now" games.

against some of the better QB's ive played they are taking PLENTY of shots down field and MOST of their passes are medium length.

I would be very careful adjusting ANY slider in this game when you really don't know how its going to effect gameplay.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm also not seeing any incompletions thats not either broken up or the computer just didn't catch the ball inbounds. Everything is spot on regardless of the QB. Played 3 games so far in my CFM and all 3 QB's threw for almost 300 yards and was like 80% for the game. And the sacks is just crazy. The WR's do not drop the ball.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #20
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

It's not that every throw is spot on, it's the fact that, as long as the throw is within arms reach the receiver will make a one handed or behind the back catch. Instead of lowering qb accuracy way down, just lower it a little and lower WR catching down to 25. You'll start seeing drops by receivers when the throw isn't right on the money, you'll start seeing more balls get knocked out on initial contact, you'll even see a few random drops of perfectly thrown balls. Most NFL QB's are accurate enough to get the ball within arms reach of their receiver most of the time but in real life the receivers aren't able to contort their bodies like the little girl in the exorcist lol
Old 09-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 4

I played a game with default sliders and pro difficult, and used Brady for a half and he he was 20/30 for 225 yards with 2 TDS and 2 TD

the 2nd half i used Garoloppolo and he was 25/35 for 320 yards with 2 TDS and 1 INT and he is rated a 77 and brady is something like 92 .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #22
Banned

I have like close to 30 sacks in only 5 games in my CFM. I would say that about 80% of them are coverage sacks. It's absurd.

This is on all-pro with pass blocking for CPU set to 80. I just set it to 100 so I'm curious if that will help.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #23
Rookie

I play on all madden with qb acc at 6 and am getting pretty good results. Matt McGloin was at about 40% when I played him and RG3 was high 50%. Aaron Rodgers picked me apart, forget his stat line.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #24
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

QB player traits!!!!!!!

Intentional grounding slider to 1!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »