Home

Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

This is a discussion on Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 11:28 PM   #33
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

Playing against the CPU overall is just stale and they don't have the urgency that a human would have.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:26 AM   #34
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

CPU QB's are just flat out broken. 95 times out of 100 they will not throw the ball down the field and if there's an out or slant or any dump off pass, they'll take that FIRST before waiting for routes to develop for decent gains.

It's an issue that has plagued Madden since day one and will continue next year, the year after that, and the year after that.

This game needs to be scrapped completely. Then take 2-3 years off and re-develop it from scratch. Completely. Everything. If it takes 4 years, then it takes 4 years.

DO IT RIGHT.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #35
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't feel they are nearly as bad or very far off from being fine with a tune/patch.

I've seen them complete far more screens than get sacks especially comparing to previous versions.

The sacks are an issue that needs address but some games they are fine and others they take 4-5 sacks.
My last game of coach mode they had 4 total. 2 during their last drive.. which brings me to an observation.

I've had more games than not that the sack numbers are fine until they go into a hurry up. Then it's sack city.
I'm thinking there issue there somewhere when they go hurry up.
Just don't know what.. but I do know in almost all my games the sacks are fine until then.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 09-03-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #36
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
CPU QB's are just flat out broken. 95 times out of 100 they will not throw the ball down the field and if there's an out or slant or any dump off pass, they'll take that FIRST before waiting for routes to develop for decent gains.

It's an issue that has plagued Madden since day one and will continue next year, the year after that, and the year after that.

This game needs to be scrapped completely. Then take 2-3 years off and re-develop it from scratch. Completely. Everything. If it takes 4 years, then it takes 4 years.

DO IT RIGHT.
I agree with your first point.

On the second point, I would like the developers to make a user creation tool to allow the community to build/modify QB AI routines. OS members would create much better ones for free. Gladly.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:51 AM   #37
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

With the exception of taking too many sacks - particularly on screen plays where the QB just doesn't get rid of the ball and has no ability to simply throw the ball away at the RB's feet - I actually think that AI QB play is a notch better this year.

It could all be in my head but the impression I come away with is that the AI QB is throwing the ball more decisively, doesn't try to force passes into coverage unless in particularly bad situation (pressure, losing with the clock running out, etc.), and the throws I see make sense with respect to the where the QB is going against the defense I've called. Outside of too many sacks, I've been right pleased with what I've experienced thus far and is one of the many areas of the game I thought was noticeably better this year.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-03-2014 at 12:58 AM. Reason: I accidentally a word
Old 09-03-2014, 12:55 AM   #38
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
With the exception of taking too many sacks - particularly on screen plays where the QB just doesn't get rid of the ball and has no ability to simply throw the ball away at the RB's feet - that AI QB play is a notch better this year.

It could all be in my head but the impression I come away with is that the AI QB is throwing the ball more decisively, doesn't try to force passes into coverage unless in particularly bad situation (pressure, losing with the clock running out, etc.), and the throws I see make sense with respect to the where the QB is going against the defense I've called. Outside of too many sacks, I've been right pleased with what I've experienced thus far and is one of the many areas of the game I thought was noticeably better this year.
I 100% agree.
I've been burned by the deep ball when I'm not careful. If it's 8 yards that they need and I leave something open that has a good chance to get that why would they wait until they can throw the more exciting "bomb".
That's the type of play I want to see out of the QB. Smart not just throwing it up.
Again I've seen plenty of deep balls especially when I do a good job taking the underneath stuff away.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-03-2014, 12:58 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
It's not that every throw is spot on, it's the fact that, as long as the throw is within arms reach the receiver will make a one handed or behind the back catch. Instead of lowering qb accuracy way down, just lower it a little and lower WR catching down to 25. You'll start seeing drops by receivers when the throw isn't right on the money, you'll start seeing more balls get knocked out on initial contact, you'll even see a few random drops of perfectly thrown balls. Most NFL QB's are accurate enough to get the ball within arms reach of their receiver most of the time but in real life the receivers aren't able to contort their bodies like the little girl in the exorcist lol
Makes sense, will try that, the receivers was making catches that should have been to high or behind them.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:15 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

I have to agree with the OP, ive been noticing this with Qb's too, Eli Manning is one of the worst Qb's in the game, the guy just sit in the pocket like a statue. And I play on All-Pro default sliders accept Qb accuracy is 5 for user and cpu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »