Home

Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

This is a discussion on Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

Let's face it, the cpu QB play is just bad, and it's the reason so many sacks occur. Once pressure comes, they just stand there and hold the ball, waiting to get sacked. Barely any movement in the pocket, no getting rid of the ball, no running, most of the time they're just waiting to get hit.

Now, when the cpu does actually decide to throw the ball, it's rarely ever downfield. 75% of the time I feel like they're throwing to the flats or a player underneath, most of the time it's the halfback. (this is why we're seeing HBs with some many catches per game.) it's like they're scared to throw the deep ball, and when they do, it's a lame duck that's easily broken up.

CPU accuracy when it comes to lower rated qbs is also an issue. This was an improvement EA highly touted before release, but it's worse than ever for me. Even the biggest scrubs can fire laser sighted rockets to receivers with no consequences to their accuracy. The dev team seems to have dropped the ball on AI QB play and we're left scrambling to try and fix these glaring issues. Let's just hope they can address this in a patch. Without one, this game might be a lost cause
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Is This The Worst AI QB play In A Long Time?

I picked off Aaron Rogers 4 times and sacked him 9 times when I played the Packers last. This was on all-pro with AI QB ACC at 50 and AI PB at 75 using the Lions. It's fairly concerning, indeed.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

What sliders are you playing with?

I'm playing on All Pro and from my experience if you have the CPU's QB ACC too low, they mostly only throw short passes. The CPU's accuracy is definitely a concern, but I wouldn't lower it too much. I feel that the HUM's accuracy is perfect though.
Also I moved their Pass Blocking slider to 100 and the last two games I had four, then three sacks. Prior to moving it to 100 I was averaging about 8.5 sacks per game.

I have seen some QB's scramble. Both Alex Smith and Andrew Luck had gains on 10+ yards against me.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

ill just leave this here

Old 09-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
ill just leave this here

What in the world? Bironas is playing like Manning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
What sliders are you playing with?

I'm playing on All Pro and from my experience if you have the CPU's QB ACC too low, they mostly only throw short passes. The CPU's accuracy is definitely a concern, but I wouldn't lower it too much. I feel that the HUM's accuracy is perfect though.
Also I moved their Pass Blocking slider to 100 and the last two games I had four, then three sacks. Prior to moving it to 100 I was averaging about 8.5 sacks per game.

I have seen some QB's scramble. Both Alex Smith and Andrew Luck had gains on 10+ yards against me.
I'm using QB accuracy sliders at 10 with armor and swords all pro set. It helps sometimes, but the QBs dump the ball just too much.

I'll try your advice and raise it up a bit to see if it helps. I just don't get how they could get this area of the game so wrong when they said they worked on it big time this year.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

I disagree with the OP. It's the same QB AI for the last umpteen years. No better, no worse.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

i find they dump the balls too much because thats whats always open. Ive noticed if I play LB and play the middle of the field, they will dump, every time. But if I play whoever is on the running back, they will usually make a throw down field or get sacked

i feel like the cpu is programmed to throw to whoever is open, they dont try to force anything or take any chances. If no one is open they stand there until they get sacked. Although in 15 i have seen a few times they scramble

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »