Home

Online CFM VS Offline

This is a discussion on Online CFM VS Offline within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #9
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Online CFM VS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
When someone says they've already patched online CFM "sim stats" what did they actually fix? Is it noticeable?

And WILL that truly ever get patched in the offline version? I ask because I'm not a PS+ member right now and my brother and I are going through an offline CFM mode as 2 different coaches. What I'm gathering is if I went to PS+ and went online, I couldn't control more than 1 team from one console but I'd have better sim stats.

This is the regular Madden robbing Peter to pay Paul insanity.
It WILL truly get patched because it's not anything more than a code problem, which CANNOT be fixed offline without a hard patch, so we have to wait for offline. Online I can CONFIRM works, i've been using the Pats offline and online to test it, and at the end of one season (offline) Peyton had 24 TD's, 17 INT's, which isn't realistic. Online, i'm in week 12 and he's at 36 TD's 12 INT's, which is much more on pace for how that offense works. But for your second point, you will only ever be able to control more than one team OFFLINE, because online leagues have multiple people alot, and if they allowed it then Commissioners could cheat easily by having control over coaches that others didn't.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #10
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner82
It WILL truly get patched because it's not anything more than a code problem, which CANNOT be fixed offline without a hard patch, so we have to wait for offline. Online I can CONFIRM works, i've been using the Pats offline and online to test it, and at the end of one season (offline) Peyton had 24 TD's, 17 INT's, which isn't realistic. Online, i'm in week 12 and he's at 36 TD's 12 INT's, which is much more on pace for how that offense works. But for your second point, you will only ever be able to control more than one team OFFLINE, because online leagues have multiple people alot, and if they allowed it then Commissioners could cheat easily by having control over coaches that others didn't.
Yeah, the multiple users makes sense but sim stats aggravate me. I've enjoyed some online leagues before but I haven't really been into it the last couple of years and my brother and I enjoy going at our own pace in an offline CFM. I just know that the passing stats didn't seem great last year either, so I'm confused as to why that wasn't tweaked before release for the offline mode in M15. I've noticed the reduction in defensive TD's this year sim-wise, but that was about all I've noticed as a major change from last year's engine.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #11
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

iis hard for me to choose to wait (offline) or just go online. I dont trust the PSN network with there "network maintenance and also the EA servers" because i know they will play a factor just wait. But i also want something unbroken and works well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #12
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

You also can't edit other rosters in online CFM like you can in offline.

I'm doing an online CFM for now but as soon as the patch hits I'm done with online CFM. Lack of editing and save points sucks.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #13
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
You also can't edit other rosters in online CFM like you can in offline.

I'm doing an online CFM for now but as soon as the patch hits I'm done with online CFM. Lack of editing and save points sucks.
Ecactly what I am doing and why.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #14
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Sadly i think most of us were right with them focusing more on MUT before release, and a lot of these CFM problems will be fixed by patch, but HOPEFULLY, EA throws us a patch with these fixes asap because if they're already fixed online they know what it is. I'm just hoping they don't wait a month until they fixed more things to put a patch out, i'd like one asap, because you can't play Co-op Online, which really annoys me.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #15
Rookie

rockman2k2's Arena

OVR: 4

So far I'm still rolling with my offline CFM, because for some reason the CPU plays better than they do in my online CFM. I don't understand it, but I am using the same exact set of rosters and sliders, but in the online CFM the CPU will take far to many sacks and makes the dumbest decisions with time winding down in the first and second half.

I really like the SIM stats and the speed at which it advances, but when I'm playing the game it feels way too easy compared to my offline 'chise even with the settings exactly the same.

Just gonna hold out for the patch that fixes the SIM stats offline as I'm really enjoying the way the game is playing with charters' first roster set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #16
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Exactly what I am doing and why.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Same here BK. Playing a solo online till the big one drops. Then off to an offline 32 team CFM with Mizzou's (by then completed) re-rated/non QB edited 53 man roster.

Should be glorious.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »