Home

Same old issues again

This is a discussion on Same old issues again within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 02:19 AM   #65
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Same old issues again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
^^^ translates to, "I know madden is not nearly as good as I'd hoped, but in order to convince myself it is better than it is, I need everyone else to agree with me, otherwise I won't be able to enjoy it - therefore, I will find ways to slander their posts in order to make myself feel better about the game".

See what I did there? lol. We can all play this game sir. If you enjoy madden, that is a good thing, there is no reason for you to care what anyone in this thread has said. If you disagree and want to share your opinion on why - that is also very welcomed. However, simply stating that everyone who does not share your view is because they want to play 2k is both annoying and silly. Everyone wants to enjoy madden. Some do and some don't ACTUALLY enjoy it. These are friendly opinions on why, there is no reason to make silly assumptions which you are not informed enough to make.

Like I said, nothing wrong with disagreeing with the points made here, let's just not start this game vs. game thing when it isn't really relevant.
thanks. appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 02:20 AM   #66
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Let's not use a blanket assumption as a means to make a backhanded insult at another user.

Thanks.

Also, if the 1992 in his username is his birth year it would be pretty unlikely that he would have a bias of one game over the other.
exactly. been playing madden since 98'? thanks
Old 09-06-2014, 02:24 AM   #67
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

im just tired of constantly tinkering with the sliders, its almost feels like im plugging in pieces of a puzzle that EA gives me every year. Well, Im not tired anymore. I sold it. Sorry Madden :/
Old 09-06-2014, 02:33 AM   #68
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

The first two days, people were raving about how this is the best madden ever. I just knew the infatuation stage would wear off. I hate to compare, but the madden community is enormous, yet they never utilize the people who spend countless hours with their game. Case and point, 2K. Lefto's was a huge influence in the PC community, what does 2K do, hire him, Da Czar had been making incredible YouTube videos about gameplay and AI logic, 2K taps him for those very improvements. I would just like to see more all around attention to detail, instead of graphic improvements every year.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #69
Banned

All Tiburon does is tune, manipulate/take shortcuts, and add stuff on top of a broken core year after year. Until they scrap the entire gameplay engine expect this trend to continue. We still don't have foot-planting even after True Step, another hyped up short cut, foot-planting is suppose to happen on every play by every player on the field, not just when the user triggers it.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
It's not the Madden dev's fault, it's EA's. They will absolutely NEVER under ANY circumstances go without a Madden release in any year. The amount of money they would lose would be tremendous. No, what we need is another team that can compete with them, build a game from the ground up, take their time, and release it and kick Madden's ***. But that won't happen because the NFL will never stop its exclusivity deal with EA. Sure they'd make a boatload of money if there were 2 or 3 teams working on NFL games, but obviously they make more with this deal with EA, so that's the way it will be.

I hate to say it, but we're doomed, friends. Utterly doomed.
It not about taking a year off, its about them building up the game every year and they are simply not doing that. I agree that it's EA's fault, its their fault because they are not willing to invest in Madden like they should be, I think this is partly because they dont have to worry about competition.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The only thing I have seen different between Madden 25 and Madden 15 is they have made the defenders react to passes faster than last year and that has them at times warping all over the place. It really looks bad. They have also reintroduced LBs super leaping to make plays. How anyone that's played Madden 08,09 cannot see the similarity is amazing to me.
Definitely saw, via instant reply this morning, Calvin Johnson breaking away down the sideline after the defense suckered into an all-out-blitz, only for a CB to literally (blur and all) warp 35 yards downfield in turbo/beast mode and tackle him from behind. Almost had to double check that I wasn't playing madden '09. It's like fashion: they wait for some of their moldy code to go out of style and then they bring it back as "all new".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #72
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
im just tired of constantly tinkering with the sliders, its almost feels like im plugging in pieces of a puzzle that EA gives me every year. Well, Im not tired anymore. I sold it. Sorry Madden :/
I'm almost at this point, but I really want to give them until the first patch. If their tuner is any indication, it won't do much good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »