Home

CCM Patriots Style

This is a discussion on CCM Patriots Style within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CCM Patriots Style

I have been doing a little experience with my CCM Cowboys. I decided to go opposite of what the real life Cowboys do and build a team and shy away from the flashy picks. Therefore I stack draft picks.
1. Use your number pick only if there is a extremely important need and the player fit the scheme, if both not present trade down.

2. One to two FAs a year, only if the need is there and they fit the scheme.

By doing this it has allowed me to really save some money, but winning seasons have not come yet but improving each year. By doing this you will have enough money to resign the top players you developed, but if you are following the PATs you will probably cut or trade the vets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 12:43 AM   #2
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CCM Patriots Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohawk
I have been doing a little experience with my CCM Cowboys. I decided to go opposite of what the real life Cowboys do and build a team and shy away from the flashy picks. Therefore I stack draft picks.
1. Use your number pick only if there is a extremely important need and the player fit the scheme, if both not present trade down.

2. One to two FAs a year, only if the need is there and they fit the scheme.

By doing this it has allowed me to really save some money, but winning seasons have not come yet but improving each year. By doing this you will have enough money to resign the top players you developed, but if you are following the PATs you will probably cut or trade the vets.
The Pats cut vets when either three things happen: the player is no longer playing at a top level (Logan Mankins was horrible last season), the player puts himself ahead of the team (Asante Samuel) or they can't afford to give him a contract extension (Richard Seymour) cause they have other players to resign. If you really want to build and draft just like Belichick does read the books written about him; Patriot Reign, Education of a Coach and War Room. These will give you a small insight into the mind of a football genius.

When it comes to the draft specifically you need to throw normal convention out the window. Belichick doesn't draft like any other coach/GM in the league. If he likes a player he will draft him as soon as he can even if he projects the guy to be nothing more than a special teamer he will spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him. To him as long as a player can contribute to the team in some way he is a valuable draft pick. Also resist the urge to sign the big name free agents and instead find a cheaper alternative that is close to the same skill level. For instance instead of the 1000 yd WR who wants $10-12 million, sign the 700 yd WR who wants $5-6 million. The difference can be easily made up especially when you have an elite QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »