Home

Offline Patch

This is a discussion on Offline Patch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Offline Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
To give you the full story... I took over the Raiders because I wanted a team to move to Houston and bring the Oilers back. The Raiders had over $47 million in cap space, but as I was a "new owner" I only had $7 million and then had to deal with declining ticket sales, etc. since I announced the team was moving.

So, instead of having close to $50 million to play with, I had only $7 and lost a lot of players thanks to this atrocity. How things like this get past quality control is beyond me.
You had $7 million to spend in bonus money which is what they take out of funds. You could have signed as many players as you wanted without signing bonus money though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 03:16 AM   #26
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillycheese
You had $7 million to spend in bonus money which is what they take out of funds. You could have signed as many players as you wanted without signing bonus money though
Seriously??? Sheesh... I feel dumb now! I could have sworn that I did try to sign one WR who was asking for a one year deal for $1.1 million and NO bonus, but I only had something like $738,000.00 in money and it said I couldn't sign him. I could be mistaken though.

I'm in year two now - in Houston in a sparkling new stadium and EA actually got the old Warren Moon era uniforms right... except they didn't give us blue road pants as an option... Oh well... the money should be flowing in now. If something bad happens... ie; some massive bug/glitch, I'll be sure to post it though!

Oh... and I don't know if any Oiler fans will see this thread, but just in case, to get the stripes on the jersey sleeves, you need to select Standard for sleeve option. No sleeves just looks horrible and the long sleeve has the numbers running THROUGH the stripes... SMH... Here's the jersey and stripes that I'm talking about...

You get this exact jersey for road games:

And this one for home:

Old 09-05-2014, 03:45 AM   #27
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZoneAzCards
Ive had no problems with the custom playbooks. but have had some kind of glitch where at the end of the game it will tell me that my LE threw for one pass lol
Using a custom offensive playbook causes my 3-4 defense to be introduced as a 4-3, showing my backup NT instead of my 2nd starting MLB.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #28
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
except they didn't give us blue road pants as an option... Oh well... the money should be flowing in now. If something bad happens... ie; some massive bug/glitch, I'll be sure to post it though!
That's my biggest gripe with the created uniforms, I would have loved the blue road pants. They need an alternate uniform for every team for this reason.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:02 AM   #29
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Seriously??? Sheesh... I feel dumb now! I could have sworn that I did try to sign one WR who was asking for a one year deal for $1.1 million and NO bonus, but I only had something like $738,000.00 in money and it said I couldn't sign him. I could be mistaken though.

I'm in year two now - in Houston in a sparkling new stadium and EA actually got the old Warren Moon era uniforms right... except they didn't give us blue road pants as an option... Oh well... the money should be flowing in now. If something bad happens... ie; some massive bug/glitch, I'll be sure to post it though!

Oh... and I don't know if any Oiler fans will see this thread, but just in case, to get the stripes on the jersey sleeves, you need to select Standard for sleeve option. No sleeves just looks horrible and the long sleeve has the numbers running THROUGH the stripes... SMH... Here's the jersey and stripes that I'm talking about...

You get this exact jersey for road games:

And this one for home:

Definitely one of my favorite uniform sets of all time. When I start a 32 team CFM I will be moving the Titans back to Houston and bringing back the Oilers! Also, putting the Rams back where they belong in LA...
Old 09-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #30
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillycheese
Let me throw this one at you and see if you know what's going on... I'm in Houston now, as the Oilers, and since I moved the Raiders there and we all know how bad the Raiders have been ever since Rich Gannon's career ended, I dropped prices on everything by $10.00... ticket prices, memorabilia, but kept concessions right where they were.

So... after playing all 4 pre-season games, I go into week one at home against Detroit. I get a break early, sacking Stafford, Mack with the sack, and he forced a fumble, which he recovered and took in for a TD.

Anyway, I beat the Lions, total revenue for the week... everything from ticket sales, to concessions to jerseys, hats, etc... was over $16 million bucks. Total cost - player salaries, stadium, staff, etc... was just over $5 million, which means I profited just over $11 million for the week...

There's a young stud WR who is a free agent, great speed, acceleration, catching and he's only 26... and he's only asking for something like $8.72 million for 4 years... however it says that I am -$8.42 million and can't sign anyone until I am at $0.00!?!?!?!

Now how do I profit over $11 million yet I am in the hole almost $8.5 mill???? I haven't cut or traded anyone with a massive cap hit AND I only have 52 players on the team, so I'm not even paying a full roster of 53 yet! This whole "owner" mode is driving me nuts! Have a great stadium, fans are happy, team is 1-0, but I can't buy a pack of smokes to help calm me down from the money issues!!!

Old 09-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Let me throw this one at you and see if you know what's going on... I'm in Houston now, as the Oilers, and since I moved the Raiders there and we all know how bad the Raiders have been ever since Rich Gannon's career ended, I dropped prices on everything by $10.00... ticket prices, memorabilia, but kept concessions right where they were.

So... after playing all 4 pre-season games, I go into week one at home against Detroit. I get a break early, sacking Stafford, Mack with the sack, and he forced a fumble, which he recovered and took in for a TD.

Anyway, I beat the Lions, total revenue for the week... everything from ticket sales, to concessions to jerseys, hats, etc... was over $16 million bucks. Total cost - player salaries, stadium, staff, etc... was just over $5 million, which means I profited just over $11 million for the week...

There's a young stud WR who is a free agent, great speed, acceleration, catching and he's only 26... and he's only asking for something like $8.72 million for 4 years... however it says that I am -$8.42 million and can't sign anyone until I am at $0.00!?!?!?!

Now how do I profit over $11 million yet I am in the hole almost $8.5 mill???? I haven't cut or traded anyone with a massive cap hit AND I only have 52 players on the team, so I'm not even paying a full roster of 53 yet! This whole "owner" mode is driving me nuts! Have a great stadium, fans are happy, team is 1-0, but I can't buy a pack of smokes to help calm me down from the money issues!!!
If you're total balance is negative then I don't think you can sign anyone but I'm not sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #32
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

Wait until you make the playoffs and find out your still playing player salaries and are actually losing money by being in the playoffs. That's some incentive to win! Nice logic and realism there EA!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »