Home

This Game is Garbage. I miss NCAA!

This is a discussion on This Game is Garbage. I miss NCAA! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry This Game is Garbage. I miss NCAA!

I am a hardcore NCAA Football player. You know, one of those guys who complains cause Heisman out-of-the-box isn't hard enough, and plays years and years into his dynasty. After a year or two of national championship level teams, I'll leave and go to a bad program and start the re-building process all over again. One of those guys who plays NCAA from launch in July well into March before finally moving on.

Well now I've been forced to try my hand at Madden. I got an Xbox One at launch and picked up Madden 25. Madden 25 for XB1 was a joke. It was a X360 copy and the gameplay was awful. The robo-QB was unstoppable on All-Madden. No fun. My NCAA dynasty crew (which consists of about 8 people) all got it and started a CFM. Within a month, nobody had Madden 25 any more and we all traded it in towards FIFA or Forza.

When the defense was getting a boost this season, I got excited. "Finally!" I thought. My one gripe about NCAA Football 14 was the lack of defense but the game is still the funnest football game ever created in my opinion (probably realistic cause college teams don't play defense much). Well like most times, EA disappointed on delivery and overhyped the game out of the gate. Defense is improved, for the CPU. On All-Madden, you cannot stop the QB. I played 3 games last night with the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, and Minnesota Vikings. I played against the New Orleans Saints, Kansas City Chiefs, and Oakland Raiders. In every single one of those games, the opposing QB had 90%+ completion rate. My QB? Anywhere from 52%-69% so pretty realistic. The Saints had 90%+ 3rd down conversions and never punted. The only times I stopped them on 3rd down, they kicked a FG on the next play.

Defense isn't any better for the HUM than it has ever been. Want some more garbage? This stupid suction tackling. You should never dive anymore in this game. There's about a 75% chance you'll miss. Instead, press A repeatedly and if your man is within 3-5 yards of the ball carrier, he will suction over to him instantly and take him down--I'm talking acceleration faster than a Ferrari.

Finally, when your on offense, prepare to throw anywhere from 2-5 INTs per game. Also, the safeties will make incredible plays too. They have eyes in the back of their helmets. Twice last night I threw a pick when the outside WR was running a post route and the slot WR was running a Go route. The FS had to make a decision: outside WR or inside WR. He chose outside. I saw the open man and got the pass off just in time headed to the inside WR on the Go route. The FS, with his back turned away from the ball, immediately switched players and made the pick.

To recap, I enjoyed each one of these games as they were close (except one). Here's some of the stats/scores from the games:

Browns (me) 10 @ Steelers (CPU) 38
Big Ben had 93% completions and threw for 275ish yards 3 TDs 0 INTs
T. Polamalu had 2 "no-look" picks

Browns (me) 17 vs Saints (CPU) 27
Drew Brees was 27/28 for 300+ yards and 3 TDs 0 INTs 1 FUM

Titans (me) 15 @ Chiefs (CPU) 13 -- I really enjoyed this game
No TDs for me but 5 FGs won the game
Alex Smith had 82% completions and about 250-275 yards passing

Vikings (me) 20 vs Raiders (CPU) 24
Derek Carr, a rookie, 100% completions, 100%! 22/22 for 300 yards 2 TDs

I love the close games and the challenge on offense but defense is garbage. Only a few more weeks of this until I'm giving up on it and going back to NCAA on X360.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by TNBassMan10; 09-05-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: This Game is Garbage. I miss NCAA!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

There is a Madden 15 impressions thread. Pretty sure that's what this is
Old 09-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

If you're playing CPU, I recommend heading over to the slider section. As for All Madden, many have moved to All Pro with a harder slider set.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Impressions thread or questions thread or go check out sliders

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »