Home

Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong?

This is a discussion on Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 04:17 AM   #17
Rookie

JHTJ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeRo1226
This is a good idea, and I have no problem upping the bonus money on players who I have no problems keeping.

But you can only do this so often. I'm playing the Texans and I don't bring in enough money to give amazing bonuses to every player. Even just 2 would take all my money. In my A. Luck situation, i'm at 30 million dollars currently and he wants a deal of 120 mil. I'd give all my bonus money and still have to raise the salary just to get this guy to sign. When there's no reason he wouldn't want to sign in real life. Granted, i'm still only 2 weeks in so ill have more money towards the end of the season, but still.
My apologies, I don't play owner mode. It might have been something I got into this Gen but im told they took the empty shell that was 25 and broke it so I haven't even tried. Good luck though buddy. I'm having a difficult enough time enjoying Madden at its current state without the broken revenue system.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #18
Banned

TrufflesEater's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
The irony is that Head Coach, which Looman was the main person behind, had the best contract negotiation system of any sports game I've played. I'll never understand why they couldn't implement that system into madden.
I beg to differ. HC09 negotiations are difficult and unpredictable. Getting fired over salary cap hell is a trap/rite of initiation many fell into/passed through during their first attempt at a franchise. If you read the dynasty threads people have created, something close to 90 percent of the "head coaches" leave their teams after a few seasons, ostensibly for a new "challenge." The real reason, usually, is their untenable salary cap situation. I will grant you the factors that determined whether a player re-signed at an affordable amount were complex (and murky), so if you enjoy that sort of "fog of war" strategy and uncertainty, HC09 negotiations can be great fun and a great challenge.

Personally, I don't think the real world is that complicated. And if Madden 15 implemented a similar system, a great and terrible wailing would commence, which could be heard far into the deepest reaches of Hades.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #19
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrufflesEater
I beg to differ. HC09 negotiations are difficult and unpredictable. Getting fired over salary cap hell is a trap/rite of initiation many fell into/passed through during their first attempt at a franchise. If you read the dynasty threads people have created, something close to 90 percent of the "head coaches" leave their teams after a few seasons, ostensibly for a new "challenge." The real reason, usually, is their untenable salary cap situation. I will grant you the factors that determined whether a player re-signed at an affordable amount were complex (and murky), so if you enjoy that sort of "fog of war" strategy and uncertainty, HC09 negotiations can be great fun and a great challenge.

Personally, I don't think the real world is that complicated. And if Madden 15 implemented a similar system, a great and terrible wailing would commence, which could be heard far into the deepest reaches of Hades.
No matter what Madden implements we will hear that great and terrible wailing. They will never please everyone here.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

There are no guarantees that he will resign with your team. Predictability just means he won't demand free agency.

If you aren't winning, don't have our scheme set toward his skillset, etc. He may not resign

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #21
Rookie

Has anyone tried signing cam newton back yet i have 62.6 m in cap space I offered him what he wanted but it says i don't have the available funds I'm only giving him 6m signing bonus. If I'm thinking right that's only 36m for 6 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #22
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboys12
Has anyone tried signing cam newton back yet i have 62.6 m in cap space I offered him what he wanted but it says i don't have the available funds I'm only giving him 6m signing bonus. If I'm thinking right that's only 36m for 6 years.
Are you playing coach or owner mode? If your playing owner mode what are your funds? Was the bonus $6 million or $6 million per season? Also do you have any cap penalties?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Another thing to try is to make sure your player has the Predictable trait set to "Yes" (this is a trait you can purchase with player XP in the player progression screen), and also that your coach has the QB contract negotiation skill.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #24
Just started!

How large was the bonus money?
I noticed that I have an easier time if I raise the bonus money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »