Home

Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong?

This is a discussion on Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #33
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Resigning Players, WTH am I doing wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeRo1226
This is a good idea, and I have no problem upping the bonus money on players who I have no problems keeping.

But you can only do this so often. I'm playing the Texans and I don't bring in enough money to give amazing bonuses to every player. Even just 2 would take all my money. In my A. Luck situation, i'm at 30 million dollars currently and he wants a deal of 120 mil. I'd give all my bonus money and still have to raise the salary just to get this guy to sign. When there's no reason he wouldn't want to sign in real life. Granted, i'm still only 2 weeks in so ill have more money towards the end of the season, but still.
I have a franchise with Luck. I had to give him 50 million guaranteed to get him to sign a 6 year 120 million dollar contract.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had this happen with some scrub backup RT on my team. Desired was something like 1M.

After messing around all year trying to get him to sign, I made a save and then just started offering more and more, even going up to like 3 M, 2.4 guaranteed.

He still wouldn't do it, so I dumped him. He's like a 70 OVR, so I dunno what he's smoking.

Had my kicker pull that too. Ask for 2 M, and then wouldn't even sign for 600+1.4 m guaranteed. Franchise tag was like 2.5 and he was not that good.

Lol, dumped him too. Kickers are a dime a dozen, like HBs
Old 10-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #35
Rookie

althor's Arena

Fortunately you can get qbs out of the draft just as good as Luck is now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #36
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFL3RD
EA has said this is broken and will fix on the next patch per Rex Dixon's twitter account. There was a previous post on here about it saying it was broken. Sometimes the will sign in the off season for less than you were offering.
Good to hear, but am I going to have to restart my franchise again?
Old 10-13-2015, 11:18 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 20

If Rex said this is broken then I guess it is, but I just did an offseason last night and had pretty good success getting guys to sign reasonable deals. A couple "wtf?" moments, like Ryan Fitzpatrick turning down 6 mil per season despite only asking for 4, but I just chalked that up to the guy just not wanting to play for the Lions, which is perfectly realistic lol.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:33 AM   #38
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Did you mean to resign or re-sign?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #39
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78
I have a franchise with Luck. I had to give him 50 million guaranteed to get him to sign a 6 year 120 million dollar contract.
That might be close to what his actual contract when they resign him. He is not even close to worth that but that's another topic for another day.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:58 PM   #40
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Sometimes it does seem like players just don't want to come back. I just wish the salary cap would get reasonably close instead of any team being able to re-sign any player who will come back. It would be nice to see teams who overspend get stuck in salary cap hell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »