Home

passing tips?

This is a discussion on passing tips? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: passing tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
Yeah I did but its just a lot to take in. I watch a lot of football but I don't really now how to tell a cover 2 form a cover 3 ect and how to beat it. I think one of my problems to is that I lock on to my wr to often and don't look at my second and 3erd wr ect. I may have to go though the trainer again has like I said a lot to take in. Its kind of funny just a few hours after I make this thread and I end up with a game where I go 27-41 for 304 yards my first game with out an int and with over 300 yards and with completing more then 55% of my passes.
In Cover 2 both safeties will be high and in cover 2 the weak spot is the middle of the field so a dig route, slant (if the WR gets past the MLB) are better routes to run. In Cover 3 there is usually only one high safety and there are generally soft spots in the cover 3 from about 8 yards past the line of scrimmage (over where the LBs are but in front of the CBs covering the deep part of the zone).

Bear in mind this year defensive play books have more plays where pre-snap, the defense appears to be in one kind of zone but is actually in another zone. If you are having problems with drops try some shorter patterns like curls or WR/HB screens to complete passes early and get the confidence up. 10 games still isn't a huge sample so I think the more you play the more you will recognize and be able to read defenses.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
You just have to keep playing until you have a grasp of what coverage the defense is in and what pass patterns beat those coverages. Then have a play to beat each coverage set in your audibles.

Otherwise. Always know where your checkdown is. You won't always have time to go through two or more reads so know where you want to go with the ball and if it isn't there go to your checkdown.

If you see a blitz coming pre-snap hot route into slants, drags, and sticks and throw the ball into the vacated space of the blitzers.

Step up into the pocket instead of rolling out all the time. You'll have more protection and it's also easier to escape up the gut than racing to the edge.

Great advice. Spoken life a true nfl quarterback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #19
Banned

jsizzle727's Arena

OVR: 0

Complete the offense part of the skill trainer, and you will never look back!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #20
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

Before snapping the ball, decide who your first read will be, second read, and know where your dump off is. Check the defensive line up to try to keep your protection balanced. If you don't like your first two reads, glance to the dump off, if it's risky, tuck it and run
Old 09-10-2014, 02:20 AM   #21
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

OVR: 0

I just got called for intentional grounding using the F3 button! Do I have to aim when I use this button? Up til now, it's been my magic throw-away-rather-than-be-sacked button. But sheesh, a ten-yard penalty! Did I do something wrong?

Also, is there a special scrambling control -- move the R stick or something? Or do you just run like you would with a running back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 02:39 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
What camera view do you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use zoom
Old 09-10-2014, 02:42 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrySTruman
I just got called for intentional grounding using the F3 button! Do I have to aim when I use this button? Up til now, it's been my magic throw-away-rather-than-be-sacked button. But sheesh, a ten-yard penalty! Did I do something wrong?

Also, is there a special scrambling control -- move the R stick or something? Or do you just run like you would with a running back?

I don't think there is a way to throw the ball away but still have it be close enough to a WR to not get called for grounding like qb do in real life. I think all you can do is try to get out side the pocket and in real life qb get away with grounding like 95% of the time. So I think you have to either get out of the pocket or just having grounding at 0.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrySTruman

That's crazy cause I throw the ball away even while I'm in the pocket and I've never been called for one yet. I was wondering does anyone use the R-stick to avoid pressure in the pocket while playing quaterback?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »