Home

passing tips?

This is a discussion on passing tips? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
passing tips?

Dose any one having tips for passing the football? I have played like 10 games with the packers on all pro and after those 10 games I haven't had a single game with out an int. I have probly thorwn like 28 int in 10 games and I haven't had a single game with a completion % over like 55%. I have alrease found all pro to be to hard in madden and pro to be to easy. Dose any one have any good slider suggestions for someone who is to good for pro but not good enough for all pro? I fell like there are 3 reason I cant pass the ball good enough. 1. I tend to miss opeing guys way to much. 2. I think this years game is more realistic and so it is more important to now how to read the d and if they are playing cover 1, 2 ect and because of that it is hard to adjust to it and finaly 3. USER WR drop to many passes. Ever game I am having like 4 or more droop passes. Last game I had 6 drops and that was even with my wr catching slider at 53.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 01:51 AM   #2
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: passing tips?

How many safeties are deep? Are the corners pressing or giving cushion? Anyone blitzing? All these are important things you must recognize pre-snap, and post snap always check if a blitz is coming in, and from where, so you know how much time you'll have to pass and where you'll need to maneuver. NEVER choose who you are going to throw to pre-snap, being one track minded is a sure way to get intercepted often, always go through your progressions and find the open man. If no one is open DON'T BE AFRAID TO THROW THE BALL AWAY. You may want to scramble, which you should go for if you have an open lane or opportunity, but if there isn't one just throw it away.

Know your receivers, are they slow? Don't be running a lot of deep vertical routes with them. Poor catch in traffic? Don't throw too many routes where they'll get into immediate contact, causing a drop. Know when and how to use pass trajectories, these are key. Learning how to use these can put the ball in the perfect spot, or the worst. Often times you may not need to lead a pass, but certain routes you should learn which trajectories are best.

Don't go for the homerun play every down, you should march. I'm not saying never throw the deep ball, but try and pick up yardage in chunks, catch the defense off guard by running and setting up the play action.

If a team has a good secondary, you'll have to play a great game to beat them, be patient with your offense, if a play doesn't work or causes a turnover don't be afraid to use it for the rest of the game.

My last game on All-Pro with the Panthers I went 18/25 316 yds 4 TDs 0INT 7 rushes for 78yds with Cam Newton.

I'm a little tired right now so I can't think of everything, but tomorrow I could probably help out more.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 09-07-2014 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:57 AM   #3
Rookie

FindingQuiet's Arena

OVR: 0

Did you do the skills trainer? Extremely helpful this year.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:25 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingQuiet
Did you do the skills trainer? Extremely helpful this year.

Yeah I did but its just a lot to take in. I watch a lot of football but I don't really now how to tell a cover 2 form a cover 3 ect and how to beat it. I think one of my problems to is that I lock on to my wr to often and don't look at my second and 3erd wr ect. I may have to go though the trainer again has like I said a lot to take in. Its kind of funny just a few hours after I make this thread and I end up with a game where I go 27-41 for 304 yards my first game with out an int and with over 300 yards and with completing more then 55% of my passes.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:44 AM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Don't throw to the other team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #6
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Somewhat related: what button throws the ball away? I looked up the controls in-game and didn't see it listed. Basically I either throw it or scramble right now lol.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
Somewhat related: what button throws the ball away? I looked up the controls in-game and didn't see it listed. Basically I either throw it or scramble right now lol.

for ps4 it is r3. That is another thing I don't scramble enough when I get pressure I just tend to force the pass lol
Old 09-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #8
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Move your number one wr around a lot.

Identify the defense first, don't be afraid to check down or throw the ball away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »