Home

All Pro VS. All Madden

This is a discussion on All Pro VS. All Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: All Pro VS. All Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
My question/issue is this: is the CPU "smarter" on All-Madden? I think it is. I think the CPU play calling is less predictable on All-Madden, and I think CPU players react better to repeated play calls you make.

For that reason, I'd rather adjust the sliders AGAINST the CPU to make it less Super Human than play on All-Pro and adjust the sliders FOR the CPU.

Any thoughts on this? Does the CPU actually play smarter on All-Madden, or am I imagining things?

I believe the CPU is smart on all pro too. I was using the cowboys against 49ers and frank gore was hashing all through my defense and the CPU just kept running it down my throat. So I decided to guess a run and I guessed wrong lol. The CPU play action faked me for a touchdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8Train
Question for everyone here.

All-Madden & All-Pro is just a preloaded slider setting.

The minute you change them, it's no longer All-Pro or All Madden.

Let's say you create a league with the a Rookie setting, but change all if the sliders to mimic what All Madden has. Would you not be playing in an All madden league now? Since the sliders are set the same? Regardless of it saying Rookie now.
Sliders are not tied to a difficulty setting anymore, so that is not correct.

― Plato
Old 09-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I prefer All-Pro with adjusted sliders. Madden 25 was the only release I ever move up to All-Madden because All-pro was to easy. This yr, Madden 15 All-Pro with adjusted sliders plays great gm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #12
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1

You can actually see the way All Madden increases the cpu ratings with the match up stick.

Play an offline game or practice mode on All Pro and hold the left trigger on offense when walking up to the line to see player matchups. Take note of one WR/DB matchup and your oline matchups.

Then go into settings and switch to All Madden. Repeat the above and now you'll see the WR has lost speed and route running, and that your oline has gotten worse.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilesThing
You can actually see the way All Madden increases the cpu ratings with the match up stick.

Play an offline game or practice mode on All Pro and hold the left trigger on offense when walking up to the line to see player matchups. Take note of one WR/DB matchup and your oline matchups.

Then go into settings and switch to All Madden. Repeat the above and now you'll see the WR has lost speed and route running, and that your oline has gotten worse.
Nice find. Im going to try it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #14
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Q:would going to All-Madden make the "gap" in ratings differences bigger or smaller do you think?
A:bigger. Your elite players will be more elite. Other guys improve too, but elite will stand out (especially on defense!)

twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/status/509033248853606400
Old 09-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
Q:would going to All-Madden make the "gap" in ratings differences bigger or smaller do you think?
A:bigger. Your elite players will be more elite. Other guys improve too, but elite will stand out (especially on defense!)

twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/status/509033248853606400
I was following his tweets regarding this but to be honest i disagree. Clearly All madden cheat in many aspects. My DL rarely shade their blocks. CPU HB run amok on my D.

If you are a no switching player like i`m, All pro is more close to the actual ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #16
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1

Not sure what Oldenburg means when he says the gap in ratings gets bigger and that guys improve. For User v. CPU, the CPU gets ratings help.

When set to All Pro, the matchup stick shows ratings differences that correspond to roster ratings. For example, a User Dez Bryant with 97 beat press and a CPU DeAngelo Hall with 63 press will show a 34 Release on the matchup stick for Dez. 97 - 63 = 34. It adds up.

But when you set it to All Madden, those same players will now show a 22 Release for Dez. This means Dez's beat press either dropped by 12 points or Hall's press went up 12 points. The same changes happen for other ratings on the matchup stick as well.

Whatever Oldenburg meant in his tweet, the matchup stick shows the ratings changing in favor of the CPU. This makes sense if All Madden is supposed to be the greatest challenge the game can offer. The best way to do that is to give the CPU a ratings advantage.

I'm curious how this works in All Madden User v. User games. I don't have two controllers, so someone else will have to test that out.

Last edited by WilesThing; 09-08-2014 at 04:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »