Home

1st time offline CFM question

This is a discussion on 1st time offline CFM question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
1st time offline CFM question

This will be my first franchise mode since it has been renamed CFM. I saw some posts weeks ago about stats being broken trade logic broken,l etc.

I will not start a CFM until everything is close to perfect, no matter if a patch takes months to get here.

Can anyone comment or help me now that we are a few weeks post-launch as to how good the OFFLINE CFM is with stats, logic, etc.

Is it ok to start or should I wait until a patch. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

Re: 1st time offline CFM question

Offline CCM Stats are awful. I set one up and simulated for a season. QB passing touchdowns are very low, int's are really high. The league leader in sacks had 39. Over 16 games, Cam Newton passed for 2800yds with 8 td's and 14 picks.

You either need to try to use the work around that was developed and use a custom roster and edit schemes and playbooks for all teams in the CFM or deal with awful stats which seem to affect other areas of the game relating to progression.

I typically only play offline but will be going with the online single player this year since it seems to be working correctly.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue7
Offline CCM Stats are awful. I set one up and simulated for a season. QB passing touchdowns are very low, int's are really high. The league leader in sacks had 39. Over 16 games, Cam Newton passed for 2800yds with 8 td's and 14 picks.

You either need to try to use the work around that was developed and use a custom roster and edit schemes and playbooks for all teams in the CFM or deal with awful stats which seem to affect other areas of the game relating to progression.

I typically only play offline but will be going with the online single player this year since it seems to be working correctly.
Thanks for the heads up. looks like I will be waiting for a patch.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9
Thanks for the heads up. looks like I will be waiting for a patch.
That was my plan but I am tired of waiting lol. Guess I will take my chances with poor CPU team management online.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #5
tyt
Rookie

Over 25 years and 'perfect' is still blacked out in EA's dictionary.
Your awaited patch will break as much as it fixes.

My advice is to wait for the patch to at least fix up the sim stats, then find a slider set that you like and begin. Despite its countless faults it is still fun as sh!t and easily the best madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyt
Over 25 years and 'perfect' is still blacked out in EA's dictionary.
Your awaited patch will break as much as it fixes.

My advice is to wait for the patch to at least fix up the sim stats, then find a slider set that you like and begin. Despite its countless faults it is still fun as sh!t and easily the best madden.
It is a very fun game. But when doing my offline franchise mode, how hard is it to have peyton have 4000 yards, 35-40 tds and 10 interceptions. How hard is it to have the top running backs in the league have 1500 yards and 10 tds. How hard is to it have a few guys have 15-20 sacks. These stats were correctly done in madden games in the 90s!!!!!.

I am so disappointed. So tired of playing exhibition games to play out and sim the real life nfl games, I should be able to play along with the real season and have decent stats from the non-user controlled teams..
Old 09-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #7
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9
It is a very fun game. But when doing my offline franchise mode, how hard is it to have peyton have 4000 yards, 35-40 tds and 10 interceptions. How hard is it to have the top running backs in the league have 1500 yards and 10 tds. How hard is to it have a few guys have 15-20 sacks. These stats were correctly done in madden games in the 90s!!!!!.

I am so disappointed. So tired of playing exhibition games to play out and sim the real life nfl games, I should be able to play along with the real season and have decent stats from the non-user controlled teams..
Just start a solo online CFM. Its fine. CPU logic is not that bad at all. Set up good sliders and have a blast.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Just start a solo online CFM. Its fine. CPU logic is not that bad at all. Set up good sliders and have a blast.

Do you know if you can change the CPU uniform options on the solo online CFM? I know it's not a huge deal but it is a nice way to visually mix up the game a bit. I wanted to start one with the Cowboys and the CPU always selects the wrong uniform for their opponent. I know the 2 controller method works in offline but didn't know if it worked for online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »