Home

EA Sports Will Completely Remove Ray Rice From Madden NFL 15 in Next Roster Update

This is a discussion on EA Sports Will Completely Remove Ray Rice From Madden NFL 15 in Next Roster Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Will Completely Remove Ray Rice From Madden NFL 15 in Next Roster Updat

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Ea, Ravens and the NFL are cowards and walk behinders. The guy was put in front of a judge. The judge gave him his punishment under the first time offense rule. The NFL and Ravens punk butts follow suit like idiots. Instead of doing the right thing from the jump.

I don't agree with what Ray did. But I don't agree with the NFL are doing now either. You came up with a policy. 1st time offense 6 games, 2nd offense lifetime ban. SMDH!!!!!
Not to mention, the NFL ahem *Goodell* and co, came up with these policies on the fly as things were coming to light, AFTER they sanctioned him. So they say "Rice, you did this, so your punishment is this"... Then they say "Oh by the way, now that we see what really happened, we're changing our stance, you're just screwed pal".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #42

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports Will Completely Remove Ray Rice From Madden NFL 15 in Next Roster Updat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Not to mention, the NFL ahem *Goodell* and co, came up with these policies on the fly as things were coming to light, AFTER they sanctioned him. So they say "Rice, you did this, so your punishment is this"... Then they say "Oh by the way, now that we see what really happened, we're changing our stance, you're just screwed pal".

For the last time.

Please use this thread to discuss how it applies to Madden.

Not the situation. That can be discussed in the pro football forum where it's been being discussed for awhile now.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #43
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

This is pretty cut and dry, if you want him out of the game and don't want to wait for the next roster update take the advice of an earlier poster and make him a punter and cut him, he will remain a FA forever, simple, done deal.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #44
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14

I have no problem removing him from the online modes but I hope this doesn't affect the offline rosters because in CFM I like to have the rosters from the beginning of the year. I have zero problem with what EA is doing as long as it doesn't affect offline modes.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #45
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougo1000
I have no problem removing him from the online modes but I hope this doesn't affect the offline rosters because in CFM I like to have the rosters from the beginning of the year. I have zero problem with what EA is doing as long as it doesn't affect offline modes.

online and offline works same way if u already have a cfm started he'll be in the game if u wait to start one after the new update he'll be gone from the roster. unless u have an old one with him on it then u can start a new one after the update that removes him from game all together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #46

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm sure this won't stop people from starting their "Ray Rice: a 2nd Shot" franchise/blog...
Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 0

Wouldn't be surprised if the NFL didn't have anything to do with this. EA will do anything the NFL says if they wan to keep the exclusive contract.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #48
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

To me this highlights the issue of EA being unwilling or unable to implement IR (designated to return), PUP, and suspensions. Their idea of how to handle suspensions is to bury the players on the depth charts, but unless you control all 32 teams the suspended players migrate back into their usual spot on the DC. I'd settle for suspended players getting an "injury" for the duration of their suspension. But that would still leave the issue of them counting toward the 53.

And even if all of the correct injuries has been in the last update, those players on IR designated to return and the PUP list IRL count against the 53 man limit in Madden.

To get 53 man rosters that even remotely resembled what they were for opening weekend, I had to spend hours (including two freezes) releasing injured and suspended players (who will now have to be put back at a later time) and clearing cap penalties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »