Home

Does the tuner affect OFFLINE gameplay???

This is a discussion on Does the tuner affect OFFLINE gameplay??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #9
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Does the tuner affect OFFLINE gameplay???

i guess I'm not the only one confused....

It feels like there is no diference offline with or without tuner...
Old 09-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Why are people confused on the tuner updates? I thought it was common knowledge that EA said the tuner updates were for online CFM (and I think H2H games, not sure).. and that we still have to wait for them to eventually release an offline CFM patch to fix the sim stats and the way the QBs were taking WAY too many sacks post-tuner update.

That's why in the slider forums, testers are testing their games in solo online CFMs. Things have been fixed regarding sim stats and the CPU QB taking 14 sacks in one game, in online CFM.

Hell, I hope I AM wrong, and all this time offline CFM has been fixed alongside online CFM mode... but that's not why I read from EA when the tuner updates were released. If I'm wrong, someone show me a statement saying offline CFM has be patched and fixed, and I'll thank you.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-09-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #11
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

I am confused because some people here have said that the tuner affects BOTH offline CFM and online CFM.

The tuner from what I know improved OL interactions which lead to better sack numbers ( not better qb AI)....

I guess we can say then that offline play is still like it was on release day?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #12
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
I am confused because some people here have said that the tuner affects BOTH offline CFM and online CFM.

The tuner from what I know improved OL interactions which lead to better sack numbers ( not better qb AI)....

I guess we can say then that offline play is still like it was on release day?
That is what I've been led to believe since EA released the tuner updates for online CFM. There should be an official statement someone can dig up from earlier when they pushed the updates through regarding the tuners.

Everyone in the slider forum has been playing online CFM, as the sim stats are still supposed to be broken for offline CFM. I also expect the QB still holds on to the ball too long taking an abnormal amount of sacks, as it was in both CFM before the tuner updates. In online CFM the sim stats are fixed and the QBs are not taking nearly as many sacks anymore.. it's been that way since the tuner updates came out.

I want to actually play an offline CFM, but I'm still waiting for EA to fix offline sim stats and the sack problems for that, unfortunately. If you sim offline CFM you should still see stats that are out of whack, whereas online CFM the sim stats are realistic.

No Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers, ect with 20 TDs and 25 INTS and 3500 yards on the season. No multiple 2000 yard rushers and near 2000 yard rushers for RBs, and not 27 total sacks on the season like I saw about a week or more after release. That isn't happening in online CFM right now, along with the abundant amount of sacks on CPU QBs that we had before the tuner updates.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-09-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #13
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
That is what I've been led to believe since EA released the tuner updates for online CFM. There should be an official statement someone can dig up from earlier when they pushed the updates through regarding the tuners.
I think you're using the wrong terminology. Server-side fixes to online CFM and tuner updates are not the same thing.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I don't know if I am quite understanding your question correctly, but there is offline CFM where you can save the game to your hard drive and it isn't connected to online.

Then there is the online CFM league you can start (saved server side), a solo league which people have been playing a lot of since the tuner updates seemed to have only fixed online CFM.
I don't think game tuning requires an official patch. I believe tuning and patches are completely different.

I also think online gets patches first because the online patch can bypass the sony/microsoft patch certification process since the online patches come straight from the EA servers.

If I am wrong about this, then please, someone correct me.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

This is just my interpretation of all this but I think that Smash is correct. They released a tuner that applies to both online and offline CFM in regards to sacks but the the server-side fix for the SIM stats applies only to online CFM. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #16
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Yeah, I probably did screw up the terminology, like the one poster mentioned (my fault). All I do know is the sim stats for offline CFM are still not fixed, at least I have not heard anything to the contrary. They ARE fixed if you try playing a solo online CFM.

I never did remember hearing from EA in any capacity, or from other members here for that matter, that some kind of update to fix the number of sacks taken by the QB had been applied, to be lower for offline CFM, currently. Have any offline CFM players noticed lower sack totals, in general, compared to how it was before the tuner updates?

What I do know, and to each their own, I won't touch offline CFM (that I prefer) until they fix the sim stats, that's just not happening.. if you've seen how skewed the stats are.

Can anyone clarify the situation more thoroughly on what's going on with the offline CFM, at the moment?

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-09-2014 at 04:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »