Home

Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

It'd be nice if the AI defense picked up on tendencies. You can run the same play and beat them over and over again. I also haven't seen 2 defenders cover 1 WR since about Madden 06. It doesn't happen often but then again going back to tendencies if you're passing to the same guy over and over, a defense would be inclined to do that. Example Calvin Johnson.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #10
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I know right, I was in the Superbowl against the Pats and I knocked out Tom Brady on a sack. Dislocated Ankle (that seems to be a big injury this year, the Saints had all 3 QB's out with this same injury when I played them earlier in the season and faced their Punter at QB!)

The backup comes in and I think cool maybe I will be able to defend some passes, instead he completes 10/10 of his first 10 passes lol........he was throwing even better than Brady was before his injury!

I had the same thing happen to me in my very first pre season game no injuries but 1st quarter ended and it was a close game 13-3 at time next thing u know the lions back up QB is throwing darts everywhere and I look at the score and its all sudden 34-13 lions... at time I stopped the game he was 17-17 200+ yards and was working on his 3rd td of second quarter. I mean even Stafford was throwing bad throws but this guy was playing like manning or brady so so much for back ups playing different then starters they play BETTER!!!! lmao.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
I had a play where in the middle of the play the LT and the RE switched roles. The RE started blocking and the LT starting going after the QB. It was the craziest thing I ever saw on madden.
That's happened a few times for me too. The tackle started doing a spin move lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #12
Rookie

JoeyV9009's Arena

When it comes to coverage, I think it's bogus. User defenders do not play smarter in zones, and they don't even shade the area the receivers are running to. It's like the drop back and sit and wait for the CPU to complete the pass.

I play as Seattle and my biggest headache of the game is the CPU does complete a number of passes, but its a game with no real barrings on WR/DB's. I want to have to fear throwing at Peterson/Haden/LOB, on every throw near them, not just 15yds+ downfield..... and this series hasn't had that yet.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #13
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
The answer is NO

And the problem in general is EA Sports doesn't target the hardcore fans of the respected sports title. Instead they try and make the game accessible to everyone from 8 to 80 y/o, when they just need to make the games for the real gamers who will appreciate the game and come back for more.

So in the end very little effort is dedicated in making the games epic or more intelligent. Instead they focus on marketing and bullsh*t features like "Ultimate Team". Now they wanna remove key features of games like sliders & game modes that people love. Then on top of all of that, they have the nerve to buy exclusive rights so no one else can make a game. It is really absurd if you really take time to think about what they are doing to the sports genre of gaming. EA Sports is like a cancer in the industry that is slowly our beloved gaming experience.

It is an issue that has plagued EA Sports for years.... "greed over substance"

Last edited by KingofATL; 09-09-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Zone coverage does seem better, but since the last tune up, man coverage is horrible. I end up having to play a zone defense the entire game. What happened to man coverage?
Old 09-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #15
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

This is frustrating because there is an easy fix that EA already attempted. They have animations where the DB and WR go up together and jump for the ball, but these animations almost never occur. I do think the entire WR DB interactions need to be built from the ground up, the two player jousting animations could be an easy fix, but they are nowhere to be found
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #16
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

The short answer is hell no.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »