Home

Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
These comments are hilarious, only because their so true and common among all of us. It is true that almost every passing play is a sack or a completion. I knocked out Manziel who was 10/10 and then knocked out the backup (wasnt Hoyer). The 3rd string QB (cant remember name) came in and he also continued to throw above 85%. Sometimes on defense I feel like dropping the controller because no matter how many adjustments I make the QB finds an open WR unless I get the sack first. Not to mention the offensive line for the CPU is ridiculously good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #66
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

Reading all this is making me feel better and better about not buying the game this year. I'm usually a day one guy, for many years now, and I'm not a guy who hates EA. I've tried for years to enjoy the game for what it is, not what it isn't.

But last year left such a bad taste in my mouth as a solo CFM player, I decided to wait until at least mid September to decide whether or not to buy. Now in mid September I see gameplay is improved incrementally but CPU AI is still inadequate, both during the game and for CFM team management logic. I see offline CFM broken for stats and team logic and no patch yet deployed.

It's just not enough. I wanted to reward the gameplay guys for working to make the game more sim and I don't doubt their commitment or sincerity. But they just have too far to go for the game to be worth my time and be fun for me yet. And CFM is still a mess. Josh Looman has not delivered. And then I look at the strategic game design decisions for franchise modes made by NBA 2K, allowing for full customization and control in MyLeague, and I look at what CFM forces a player to do. . . SMH.

All of this makes me sad, not angry. I like football better than basketball, but I can't go through another cycle of fighting a hopeless fight to make Madden playable as sim in CFM again. Too many years with the same game failings and issues, and I just can't.

I can play Destiny until NBA 2K comes out on October 7th. Maybe I'll try Madden in 2015 sometime once the price drops to $30, if I'm bored, or maybe rotate it in through Gamefly some day. But if the game isn't fun and replayable and deep, it's just not worth the time, no matter the price.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:05 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

I haven't bought Madden for two years now, and the last few times I bought it, I couldn't stay interested. I read threads like this and I have to double check the date to make sure I haven't wandered into the Madden '11 archives or something.

Thanks for saving me money, OS posters!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #68
Just started!

OVR: 0
I had a game where I was the Lions against the Panthers and they were winning by 7 and about to punt at the 50 yard line on 4th and 7 with about 2 minutes left. They did a fake punt pass, failed miserably and I ended up scoring and winning in overtime. I felt like I cheated because no NFL team in their right mind would do that (99.9% at least). Other than that my only gripe is the CPU not throwing the ball deep practically ever except for hail mary's.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #69
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdubois2816
I had a game where I was the Lions against the Panthers and they were winning by 7 and about to punt at the 50 yard line on 4th and 7 with about 2 minutes left. They did a fake punt pass, failed miserably and I ended up scoring and winning in overtime. I felt like I cheated because no NFL team in their right mind would do that (99.9% at least). Other than that my only gripe is the CPU not throwing the ball deep practically ever except for hail mary's.

2 games before halftime the CPU ran the clock down to zero easily in field goal range. Never tried to use timeouts,
Old 09-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #70
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
this article loses all validity to me because you only talk about wr-db interaction...

like lets seriously not mention cpu sacks??? ...

the sacks because cpu qbs just sit and hold on to the football for forever until they get sacked....or calling 10 screen plays a game and cant get rid of the ball so get sacked again...

how do you not mentions cpu sacks in the a title asking if the cpu is smarter? the answer is no....the game is not smarter...the game however does cheat by knowing what play you call...what you audible too...and when the ball is thrown without looking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »