Home

Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

One of the biggest issues with the EA's Madden franchise for years has been the head-scratching decisions made by the AI, either from your teammates, or your opponents. So many times fans of the series have watched computer players routinely ignore the action on the field, and act as if they were involved in some type of digital point-shaving scheme. Communities such as Operation Sports have tried their best to tweak sliders to compensate for the apparent lack of logic, but only so much could be done to negate the consistent absurdity of the AI decision making.

Read More - Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15: Is The Game Smarter?

far as calling TO's yes they smarter that way instead of going into halftime or ending the game have seen the cmp actually use them.

the cmp isen't smarter with getting rid of the ball though seen way to many times the cmp should throw ball away but still takes sack's even with adjusted rosters and sliders both in play now, cfm.

even in play calling it seem's not be as smart as EA has claimed like when they said the AI will react to same play being call we'll I've taken that into practice mode and the out come hasen't been what EA stated have ran same play 10 times in row... most results were TD's other 2 times were very long completions.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

I had a play where in the middle of the play the LT and the RE switched roles. The RE started blocking and the LT starting going after the QB. It was the craziest thing I ever saw on madden.
LA DODGERS
Old 09-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

OVR: 0
I still think the AI passing is to unrealistic. I would be all over the QB all game and he still completes the passes. It's either a completed pass or a sack almost every time. No matter the QB's skill level, I thought that was supposed to be changed, where you wouldn't get shredded by lesser QB's.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:04 PM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZimmerman
I still think the AI passing is to unrealistic. I would be all over the QB all game and he still completes the passes. It's either a completed pass or a sack almost every time. No matter the QB's skill level, I thought that was supposed to be changed, where you wouldn't get shredded by lesser QB's.
Yes! And to take this one step further, I've seen on numerous occasions the CPU QB roll left and throw back to right side of the field in a way that can only be described as totally impossible.

We wonder why there are cheese players out there? Because EA's own game plays that way. Smarter? No. Cheesy? Yes!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1
I can tell it is better overall. Perfect, no...but better.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

I personally think the whole problem with passing relies within the WR-CB interactions. I believe this is the part of the game where EA needs to show the biggest improvement.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #8
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZimmerman
I know right, I was in the Superbowl against the Pats and I knocked out Tom Brady on a sack. Dislocated Ankle (that seems to be a big injury this year, the Saints had all 3 QB's out with this same injury when I played them earlier in the season and faced their Punter at QB!)

The backup comes in and I think cool maybe I will be able to defend some passes, instead he completes 10/10 of his first 10 passes lol........he was throwing even better than Brady was before his injury!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »