Home

CPU rarely pass more than 200yds?

This is a discussion on CPU rarely pass more than 200yds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
CPU rarely pass more than 200yds?

I tried every kind of slider settings and i`m seeing that this year QB tend to go to the short passes instead of trying more medium/long passes.

most of my games CPU is around 200yds top. Rarely i get games were they pass for more than 250yds.

Any one else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: CPU rarely pass more than 200yds?

The CPU QB AI is busted, in a sense. They refuse to throw any ball deep into coverage, they prefer the wide open flats and middle of the field routes. Unfortunately, this leads to insane passing numbers like 16-19 for 132 yards, etc.

The devs have to fix this, coupled with the fact that the AI holds onto the ball too long in the pocket when pressure is coming. If they threw downfield, or learned how to throw the ball away, it would go a long way for the QB play.

Also, if you're looking to just play CFM, Armor & Sword has a GREAT set in the slider section. CPU QBs are giving me good gameplay from these. Not perfect, but much better.

Remember to load the sliders once you're in CFM, don't input them manually or they may not register properly.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't think it's unrealistic to check it down to a wide open receiver for YAC instead of throwing into tight coverage down the field. The issue is that defensive backs REALLY struggle with the underneath stuff.

Personally, I've had a fair share of deep throws from the AI in my games. I've gotten pretty much all of my INTs from them forcing passes down the sidelines 20+ yards down the field, but the high completion % is rather annoying, especially when it's guys like Sean Renfree doing it.

Edit: I too have been using Armor & Shields' sliders. Completion percentages have still been high, but I've noticed if you wear the QB out, he gets less accurate as the game goes on and the stats have been pretty good all around.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 09-09-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

In my week 6 game vs The Packers Aaron Rodgers threw for 352 Yards going 29/36 2TD 2 Int's.

He was the second elite QB I have faced thus far(Brady week one tossed for over 240 yards in a win where Vereen ran all over me).....keep playing with the slider set in an online franchise.

I am seeing the CPU playing for the most part smart football and adjusting to situation, what defenses your calling and what your giving or taking away. If they are running the ball well....they will keep pounding it till you stop it. If they get behind (as the Packers did) they will start going full on air show. And this was the first team I played this season where I feared the WR's and QB. And they delivered the numbers I expected in trying to come from behind. Rodgers took 3 shots deep...hit two of them to Brandon Bostick of all people for a 55 yard strike....and Jordy Nelson for a 54 yard strike.

Game is freaking brilliant this year!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-09-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
In my week 6 game vs The Packers Aaron Rodgers threw for 352 Yards going 29/36 2TD 2 Int's.

He was the second elite QB I have faced thus far(Brady week one tossed for over 240 yards in a win where Vereen ran all over me).....keep playing with the slider set in an online franchise.

I am seeing the CPU playing for the most part smart football and adjusting to situation, what defenses your calling and what your giving or taking away. If they are running the ball well....they will keep pounding it till you stop it. If they get behind (as the Packers did) they will start going full on air show. And this was the first team I played this season where I feared the WR's and QB. And they delivered the numbers I expected in trying to come from behind. Rodgers took 3 shots deep...hit two of them to Brandon Bostick of all people for a 55 yard strike....and Jordy Nelson for a 54 yard strike.

Game is freaking brilliant this year!!!
Try facing Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery with the Bills secondary. It doesn't go nearly as well as it did in real life lol. They took me out to the woodshed.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Try facing Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery with the Bills secondary. It doesn't go nearly as well as it did in real life lol. They took me out to the woodshed.
Actually i don`t call my plays. I let the "coach" so i chose the one he select for me, I use this system to avoid exploiting the AI or just calling the plays i know it has a higher chance of succeed.

I notice the CPU calls the same kind of play so the chess battle is even that way.

I know there are games were the cpu can do decent, but after the season ends i hate being the 1 Pass defense.

Sacks doesn`t help either of course.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Actually i don`t call my plays. I let the "coach" so i chose the one he select for me, I use this system to avoid exploiting the AI or just calling the plays i know it has a higher chance of succeed.

I notice the CPU calls the same kind of play so the chess battle is even that way.

I know there are games were the cpu can do decent, but after the season ends i hate being the 1 Pass defense.

Sacks doesn`t help either of course.
I'm not a H2H player, CFM for me, but I haven't really noticed much cheese when calling plays this year. Maybe I need to play more games.

I specifically call my own plays out of the Formations tab, because I like to play the X's and O's "game." On defense, for example, sometimes I call the right play in a certain down and distance and do well, then sometimes I get it wrong and the CPU offense calls the right play to counter the play I just called, and burns me. I find it fun that way, and a bit more realistic, in my opinion.

I totally agree with some people using the Coach Suggestions though. They rather play as the players, and the have the "o-coordinator" or "d-coordinator" call the play for them, and let the chips fall where they may. To each their own, I say.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

OVR: 10

It's busted and needs a patch. I've tried everything. I'm even testing in an online CFM now where everyone says the tuner helped but it didn't. I'm still getting 10+ sacks and have to keep changing sliders on All Madden. Going to try CPU pass block at 99 now. I'm playing as the Browns against the Steelers in Week 1 and yes, the Browns have a good pass rush but "c'mon man"
Other than this, if I can get a CPU QB to throw some incompletions, this game would be perfect for me.
Actually I guess I have been able to get the CPU to throw incompletions with stupid sliders but then their numbers come out like 6/23 for 77 yards and crap like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »