Home

Madden 15: Biggest Gems and Busts

This is a discussion on Madden 15: Biggest Gems and Busts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #17
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15: Biggest Gems and Busts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIITRE
I actually get realistic stats throughout. A lot of people complaining but I must have different copy than all others. I get between 115 to 135 plays a game. 1 to 5 sacks per game 5 on bad olines. About 1 pick per game. Realistic rushing stats and passing for both me and cpu. 6 to 9 tackles every game by Mack. High was like 17 tackles if i remember right. This is the best football game I've ever played. And it's not close.
Sliders? Settings?
Old 09-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #18
Rookie

IIITRE's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Sliders? Settings?
I'm at work but I can get them when I get home. here some I do know.

All Madden with minor sliders that I will get later.
Slow speed
15 min quarters 12 second acceleration

No changes to penalty sliders at all. Penalties a pretty much non existent for me but games play great.

Disclaimer. I am not a slider guru I play what works for me. And if I notice something I make minor changes to sliders. So far I haven't changed anything for little over 2 seasons.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #19
Rookie

IIITRE's Arena

OVR: 1

Old 09-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

It might be the wrong thread (someone can maybe point me in the right direction?)

But any tips on scouting on what to look for with players?

I haven't played much Madden since they introduced CFM and I am in a Madden Online League this year and was looking for tips.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #21
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
It might be the wrong thread (someone can maybe point me in the right direction?)

But any tips on scouting on what to look for with players?

I haven't played much Madden since they introduced CFM and I am in a Madden Online League this year and was looking for tips.
Look around the forums, I posted one a while back just use the search

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-tips-2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I'll make it simple for you.

Only unlock the letter grade!

QB - Throw Power, All Throwing Accuracy( Short, Mid, Deep), Speed
HB - Speed, Carry, Truck, Elusive, Acceleration, Juke, Spin, Stiff Arm, Catch
FB - Why?
WR - Catch, Catch In Traffic, Route Running, Speed, Spec Catch
TE - Same as WR, also Run Block, Pass Block, Impact Block
OL - Run Block, Pass Block, Impact Block, Strength

DL - Block Shed, Strength, Finesse Move, Power Moves, Speed, Pursuit
LB - Same as above + Tackle, Hitpower, Zone Coverage, Play Recognition
DB - Man Coverage, Zone Coverage, Press, Tackle, Hitpower, Speed

K/P - Kick Power, Kick Accuracy.

If you go through all of the players you like and unlock their letter grade, you can start spending more XP on exact numbers, maybe you have a lot of WR with A speed, some of them are only 89 Speed, and some will be 97, so normally I spend my XP to unlock speed ratings to get the exact number. AFTER I'm finished getting letter grades though.

Go after the players that have mostly B's under these specific attributes. Speed look for As (CB, RB, QB, WR, TE, LB, S)

OL You can find OL with As/Bs at Run Block, Pass Block, Impact Block, once you see a "C" under one of those, give up and goto the next prospect.

Same with CBs Man, Zone, Press should all be Bs or higher with A speed
WRs are the same, all catching B or higher, A speed, don't be afraid of a C or D Route Running
LBs Bs or higher on tackle and hitpower, maybe pursuit and block shedding and speed.
etc.
PM for Questions

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 09-10-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #22
Rookie

There just not enough points to scout all those areas for all the players. I don't like cheating and not saving
Old 09-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #23
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
There just not enough points to scout all those areas for all the players. I don't like cheating and not saving
Well, obviously you're not going to be needing 25 WR's, so do a few from each round. Also, you'll only be scouting positions of need so that cuts out a bunch
Old 09-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #24
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
I don't cheat, I have an Online CFM that they save everything automatically. Your team doesn't need every positions, but for the positions of need you can cover all of them on the list.

It costs 4-8 points per attribute to unlock the letter grades. You get around 3,000 points for the entire season, depending on your coaches packages, lets say each letter grade costs 6 points you can unlock 500 letter grades.

Lets say you unlock 5 ratings per player, you can get the jest of about 100 players in the draft. That's half of the players in the draft about.

Eliminate non-needs, players that don't fit your scheme, and 1st round players you won't target, that will drop off probably another 60-80 players at least. So you've scouted 50% of the draft, and only at position of need. Example:

Philly, don't scout QB, RB, OT. That'll cut off probably 70 players or so instantly.

Then say you need a CB, LB, WR, and DL. However, you only like tall CBs, you run a 4-3 Defense, and you prefer physical tall possession WRs. Right there you will eliminate all 3-4 ends because they may be too big and slow (no pass rush) you look for LBs with athleticism, right there you eliminate probably 30% of the prospects in that position, just because they don't fit your scheme or playing style.

Then after cutting that down, you start scouting players, putting points in to unlock letter grades. As soon as a C or B (depending on position and attribute) is unlocked, I quit scouting that player. So sometimes a I will scout a CB, I scout press ratings first, for me they must be B or higher, if its not I skip them, thus saving points instead of continuing to throw points away at players I won't use. Same with other positions, If I find an OL that has any Cs on his Run Block, Pass Block, or Impact Block I quit scouting him, and go to the next player.

Say at LG and RG there are a total of 50 players

-10 of them are under weight (no thanks)
-Scout the other 40, (I start at Pass Block) say 20 guys have a C at pass block 20x6 is 120 scouting points. (Without scouting anything else!)
- Now only 20 players are on your list at OG, but now you move on to Run Block, and only 6/20 left have an A or B at run block and pass block.
- Now you move to impact block, and they're all Bs.

You just spend roughly 360 Scouting points to narrow down the guards that are worth taking. You still have 2000-2500 points remaining depending on your coach, you've already knocked out two positions out of the 18 that you should scout (excluding Kicker, Punter, FB)

Subtract the positions of strength, lets say you're the Lions. Don't scout WR, QB, LE, RE, DT, MLB, LOLB, ROLB, or RB. Now you only have 8 positions to scout. Being LT, LG, C, RG, RT, SS, FS, CB. However in Free Agency you found a STEAL in Tyron Smith at LT, and you spend some money to lock up Taylor Mays at SS. Now you only have 6 positions to scout.

40 LG/RG - 375 Points
20 RT - 190 Points
15 C - 140 Points

700 Points on OL

You only have 2 positions to scout now. CB, FS From here you would use your elimination process( I would dismiss all DBs under 5'11; You have 1300 points to scout 2 positions, should be easy peasy.

Simply, save points by Scouting less! :

Quit scouting a player as soon as a low letter grade appears on major attributes (by position).

Don't spend points on player types you don't like or don't fit your scheme.

Scout AFTER Free Agency, because there may be a FA you love, and will completely remove a position of need from your list.

Once you decide who you are going to pick 1st round (based on scouting), quit scouting players that are too highly ranked, that'll cut out 31 highly ranked players from the draft class.

Lastly, focus on positions of need!

As the Eagles I scouted all CBs that were 5'11 and taller, all WRs that are 6'1 or taller, all offensive guards, all LB positions, and a few safeties. Don't scout players that are expected to be UDFA's

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 09-10-2014 at 02:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »