Home

Madden 15: Biggest Gems and Busts

This is a discussion on Madden 15: Biggest Gems and Busts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #65
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 15: Biggest Gems and Busts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Well, do a draft, without scouting anyone, and see if you roll up on some busts lol.

I do agree though, the scouting system is far too exact, and too easy to not miss on players. I wish it was really just college stats, combine #s, maybe you could play a college all-star game or two, and a Senior Championship (no NCAA Rights) and get a feel for certain players, then make your decisions from that.
I was referring to the thread, not the game. Sorry if that was unclear.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #66
Rookie

smootherworm76's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't drafted yet, but it's good to hear that it is possible to get a real feel for the draft class based on actual scouting. In M25, I felt like there were very few decent players in my positions of need (tons of quarterbacks but zero corners) so I had to scout everything to get something of value.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #67
Rookie

Bills Mafia 716's Arena

In 2016 I drafted a man who has now become a legend in virtual Buffalo, New York, Deon King. In his first season in relief of Bryce Brown, he rushed for 1,560 yards and assumed the starting job while winning ROY and OROY. However in his sophomore season he truly broke out. And I mean broke out, this guy destroyed the record books. He ended the season with an astounding 2,650 yards and 24 TDs. He basically was our offense as our passing game suddenly became stagnant that season despite being #1 the year before. Obviously he would go on to win MVP, OPOY and "Best RB" to complete the best individual season for any player ever. Along with that his backup, rookie Sil Azur would win ROY and OROY. Our rushing attack wasn't enough to win us a Super Bowl that season as we lost to the 49ers in a rematch, 27-24. I feel the best is still yet to come.

BTW I play All-Madden with a set of sliders that I find very fun and that have given me realistic results throughout my franchise.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #68
Rookie

Bills Mafia 716's Arena

Sorry, he was drafted in the 3rd round pick 31.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:08 PM   #69
Just started!

Was that an actual story or did you just make that up? I wonder if he would be better if you up and tell him no and make him play OL
Old 10-01-2014, 12:07 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 3

Had a Raiders franchise going, after season 1, I ended up with the 4th pick. The two main guys I wanted were taken, and the next guy on my list was projected to go about 12th, so I traded down with the Cowboys.

I had been doing some scouting, but not as much as I should have... I took that MLB I wanted, and he ended up with a 69 overall, and he never really panned out at all.

The funny thing was, in that same draft, there was a RB I took a good look at. He was projected to be the 9th overall pick, but he seemed to have mediocre grades on his attribute.

Well, the 3rd round came up, and he was still there... I figured, wth, now is as good a time as any, why not take him?

He ended up being a 74 overall and he completely outplayed my new FA addition Demarco Murray. Dude was a Beast.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #71
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

Charlton McKinney
U of Miami
1st RD Projected 13th. I traded up and took him at #7.
Development: superstar
6'6" 238lbs
Ovr 81
Spd 97
Acc 88
Agi 92
Cth 88
Jump 94

Basically Calvin Johnson. No dreads either.

Last edited by Nuke LaLoosh; 10-01-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #72
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

From my Dynasty thread:

Year One Off-Season Report

Year One Off-Season Report

The Miami Dolphins coming off a disappointing 5-11 finish in year one had several area's they were looking to address via the draft and free agency (including resigning existing players). GM Michael Sword and his scouting staff were hard at work all season long scouting film, attending games and holding multiple interviews with potential draftees. However there were a couple of surprise picks that most of the league did not see coming. And those picks have already paid some handsome dividends.

So let's talk about what the Dolphins felt were area's of need and then we can look at the first draft class of GM Michael Sword's tenure with the Miami Dolphins.

1. MLB - coming off a 144 tackle season you would think Koa Misi had the MLB spot locked down. But after careful inspection it was obvious half the tackles were coming 6-7 yards past the LOS. This does not make for a productive run defense. Koa Misi is more of a strong side LB and he has been moved to LOLB to make room for a new MLB.

2. CB - Brent Grimes and Cortland Finnegan are not spring chickens. The Dolphins do have a few young CB's in Will Davis and Jamar Taylor, but Sword wants an elite shut down CB.

3. LG/RG - Daryn Colledge was resigned for another year after performing admirably in year one. However Sword wants a haus on the interior as the tackles have bookends in Brandon Albert and Juwan James.

4. DE - despite the common thinking the Dolphins want to keep adding to what has become one of the deepest and most dominant DL in the league. Dion Jordan and Oliver Vernon are the young bucks, but Cameron Wake is getting up in years, and will be looking for a huge payday, one that I am not so sure the Dolphins are going to extend him given all the young talent they have on the DL. Finding another DE is important to keep the pipeline young and cheap.

5. QB - Ryan Tannehill has year 2 to prove he can be the teams franchise QB. Year 1 did him no favors with GM Sword. He was plain awful. However word out of the clubhouse is the offense has looked razor sharp in OTA's and looks to improve over the course of training camp and the pre-season.

So with this report here is your Year One Draft Class! The Dolphins picked 6th overall.

Round 1 - Quay Gregory MLB - 6'1' 239 LBS Miami - Quay was regarded as hands down one of the sure fire can't miss prospects coming out of the University of Miami where he held the school record for tackles. He comes from a school rich in tradition at the MLB spot and he was mentored (and helped recruited) by the great Ray Lewis. Quay comes in at a 77 OVR 88 TAK 86 HPW 89 ACC 80 SPD 86 AGI 85 BSH 93 PUR 74 PRG 75 ACV 65 MCV. The kid looks like he is going to man the middle for a decade. He is already the starting MLB going into year one.

Round 2 - Shontrelle Hubbard CB - 6'1 191 LBS Wisconsin - Hubbard was looked at as one of the best man to man CB's in the draft. He fell down the board a little due to some off the field issues this past summer. The Dolphins feel he will step right in and be the nickel CB right out of camp leap frogging Will Davis. 72 OVR 86 MCV 78 ZCV 85 PRS 76 PUR 97 SPD 96 ACC 89 AGI 77 STR and a huge personality. Hubbard does not lack any confidence and should have a fast impact on the secondary and looks like he will be the heir apparent to Brent Grimes.

Round 3 - Treyvon Franklin LOLB - 6'2 252 LBS Wisconsin - The Dolphins stayed in Wisconsin for this pick which came as a mild surprise. Treyvon was projected to be the #1 overall pick of this draft! He had a dominant career as a badger wrecking havoc as a balanced LOLB who can both rush the passer, play the run and drop into coverage. But some serious rumors during the draft had his stock drop into the 3rd round. Treyvon was part of the green room pack but was visibly shaken as his name was never called on day one. Day 2 came with hopes of being taken at the top of round 2. He never got the call. Then the phone rang and Michael Sword was at the other end. A look of relief was seen and the Dolphins took their first risk pick taking Franklin. He does not have any pressure to start as veteran Koa Misi is manning the LOLB spot to start the upcoming season. Sword felt the physical intangibles were too good to pass up in the 3rd round and if Franklin realizes his potential this could be one of the great steals of this draft class. 66 OVR 79 TAK 66 HPW 89 SPD 91 ACC 85 AGI 75 PMV 71 FMV 61 BSH 75 PUR. What concerns teams are his intangible grades (F) so it is up to the coaching staff to "coach" him up.

Round 4 - William Gomes RG - 6'4 306 LBS Miami - Billy, as he is known was a shock pick here in round 4. When his name was read Mel Kipper was quoted as saying "steal of the draft" but many draft pundits were surprised Sword reached up and took him in the 4th round. "We loved Billy's workout so much we did not want to take a chance of waiting to the 5th round". "Billy has the potential to man the RG position for the Miami Dolphins for a long time" "The idea of staying home to play in the NFL made Billy really excited". Sword now made 2 bold picks in a row. And for good reason. 77 OVR 82 RBK 88 PBK 83 IMP 86 STR 72 ACC 69 AGI 81 TRK. This kid is an explosive, athletic guard and is expected to start week one.

Round 5 - Joseph Ogbonna CB - 6'1 197 LBS East Carolina - Joseph comes in with brilliant physical skills and is a classic zone coverage CB who can be developed into a press man CB as well. Where he needs to really improve his is tackling and pursuit in the run game. He is fast but not a burner per se. He is a project CB and one the Dolphins will work to develop as there is no pressure for him to play now or even next year. 66 OVR 82 ACV 75 MCV 66 PRS 71 PUR 51 TAK 95 SPD 90 ACC 96 AGI

Round 6 - Karl Morris RE - 6'5 268 Baylor - This pick drew a lot of praise from Mayock and Kipper. Sword was thrilled to land the physical freak out of Baylor. Morris was a dominant speed edge rusher for the Golden Bears of Baylor. He will come in and play on third downs and may even be converted to an outside LB if he looks like he can handle the coverage assignments. 75 OVR
76 PMV 79 FMV 69 BSH 85 PUR 75 TAK 74 HPW 83 SPD 88 ACC 78 STR 73 AGI

Where Karl needs to focus on is his awareness and play recognition which scared away a lot of teams. However this is an area that can be developed and taught and playing behind guys like Wake, Jordan and Vernon as well as Odrick and Starks he will be a fast learner.

Round 7 - Trett Hunt QB - 5'11 226 Arizona St - Trett is a pure West Coast QB and a project. He will carry the clip board and chart plays all year and is a "break glass in case of emergency type of player". Sword was intrigued by his college performance which was strong. He knows the system the Dolphins currently run quite well but also has the same weakness Tannehill has in the deep ball. 64 OVR 91 TPW 80 SAC 81 MAC 69 DAC 68 PAC 72 SPD 75 ACC 38 AWR 75 TRN

And there you have it. The Miami Dolphins Year One Draft Class.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-01-2014 at 04:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »