Home

Can someone explain the difference between online franchise and offline franchise

This is a discussion on Can someone explain the difference between online franchise and offline franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Can someone explain the difference between online franchise and offline franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogbeefcake
So what's wrong with the offline franchise as far as progression and such goes? I'm certainly not buying ps+ to play a madden CFM but wanna know what I'm gettin into with an offline CFM if it's even worth it

Edit- ok I see that sim stats are off...how bad is it?
In three games I have a total of 877 yards because I'm terrible, yet I have the 16th ranked offense in the league. The fact that I have a middle of the pack offense is alarming to say the least
Old 09-12-2014, 02:31 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Can someone explain the difference between online franchise and offline franchise

And if I understand correctly the problem with sim stats greatly hinders progression which is a pretty big deal in a multi-year franchise.

Also, the owner mode financial issues seem to leave that mode non playable. Again if I'm understanding correctly
Old 09-12-2014, 03:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Owner mode is broken. If you're going to play CFM, do it as a Coach.

Playing OFFLINE cfm is not a good idea either way. Unless you don't care about realism. If seeing Eli, Big Ben, Rivers and Brady as 3rd stringers after a year or two doesn't bother you. Then have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #12
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

OVR: 0

From my experience so far..

So essentially if you don't have an internet connection this year's Madden is a no buy if you care about stats and progression in your franchise. For the fact that you obviously can't play on online CFM and you also can't get the update(s) - whenever they come that will fix offline problems?

- You might be able to download it somewhere and transfer to the system via flash drive. Not sure

So in online franchise mode when I control my team does the CPU control the other 31?

-Yes, unless you have other human players in your online league

Can you convert an online CFM to an offline CFM? I'm not shelling anymore money out to play this game, but I would do the free 2 week trial of PS plus and start an online CFM and then convert it and wait for the offline patch if it's possible to convert it.

- I don't think so. I am on a PS+ 2 week free trial. I wanted to make sure the online CFM mode looked good before subscribing to PS+. So far, so good.

So what's wrong with the offline franchise as far as progression and such goes? I'm certainly not buying ps+ to play a madden CFM but wanna know what I'm gettin into with an offline CFM if it's even worth it
Edit- ok I see that sim stats are off...how bad is it?

-Players, especially QB's put up awful numbers during the season. This results in their ratings droping and a lot of unrealistic roster moves. You will see several current starting qb's end up on the same team backing each other up. I ran a test sim with the Panthers. Cam Newton played all 16 games, threw for 2800 yds with 8TD and 14 INT. No QB threw over 3300 yds and were in the low to mid 20's for TD pass for the elite QB's. INT numbers were also sky high and multiple players finished with over 30 sacks, the most being 39

Also, the owner mode financial issues seem to leave that mode non playable. Again if I'm understanding correctly

-Correct, because you won't have enough funds to resign players as the game is using owner funds and not salary cap space.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #13
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

OVR: 1

Why are the sim stats better in online? Anybody play online with only themselves?
Old 09-14-2014, 01:42 AM   #14
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

OVR: 1
Bump bump bump
Old 09-14-2014, 01:48 AM   #15
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz85
Why are the sim stats better in online? Anybody play online with only themselves?
Because they can apply server-side fixes to some things.

Yes, you can play an online CFM by yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #16
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Im new to Madden also.

Can users put in a created draft class (similar to NBA2K) into an online CFM, or does it only allow us to use generated rookies?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »