Home

Off-line CFM with the Jets...

This is a discussion on Off-line CFM with the Jets... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Off-line CFM with the Jets...

I know there are other threads about one of the issues that I am going to address here, but this one will have some other stuff that I haven't seen mentioned yet. So...

In the thread about not being able to sign players due to lack of funds, somebody - forgive me, I can't recall who - posted that as the N.Y. Jets he was making money easily and wondered if it was location.

Since I had moved to Houston - rated the #1 market in the game for some odd reason - I wasn't too sure about location/market size. So I decided to try an off-line career with the Jets.

I switched the ability to move so that I could move them, and I moved them to Brooklyn. Still in NY, so no need to change the logo, can keep the uniform... all is peachy.

I simmed the first season but did it week by week, and here's the deal... I had over $65 million in available funds, despite the fans being mad at me for moving, which really makes no sense, since I just moved them to freaking Brooklyn, it's only an hour and 10 minute drive from their old stadium, 44 minutes without traffic!!!

I was able to re-sign every player that I wanted, my scout and other coach, but didn't re-sign Ryan, because I "retired" as owner and became coach just after the Super Bowl. (Broncos won over the Saints)

But here's where it gets weird...

After the draft I go to my first pre-season game and it's in Brooklyn. Nantz even says: 'We're coming to you live from Brooklyn, New York!' But... in every pre-season game he has called the team the 'New York Jets.'

If it's a glitch, it's one I don't mind. Part of me wants to believe that EA decided to still call the Jets the New York Jets if someone moved them to Brooklyn, but the reality is I could probably be playing my home games in Ireland and still be called 'New York.'

So... bottom line... what is up, EA??? You can be the Jets as an owner and make great money, but any of the other 31 teams and you lose money? Care to explain???

I know we've had that one thread going strong for quite a while, and this is just something to add to that if anyone at EA is paying attention!

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »