Home

The Bernie

This is a discussion on The Bernie within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2014, 03:36 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I question why EITHER of them are there, since I can't EVER recall seeing a LeBron OR Bernie in the NFL. I mean, who does the Bernie anymore???

Cam Newton did the LeBron celebration last year and I believe someone else did it as well. The only time I've seen the "Bernie" was when Lance Moore did it.

I am all for all those celebrations, but Peyton Manning and guys like that shouldn't do it. I agree with the others, def should be a way to celebrate manually.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:42 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Suggs does it a lot in my games. And it fits him.

The celebration I hate is the weird is the weird robot like steps.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:47 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstotss
Every time I score a TD with Cam Newton I patiently wait to see the Superman. Never happens. I could've sworn that I read about personalized celebrations being in the game this year.
That's strange, because I've seen him do it every time I get rushing TD with him. And Dez Bryant throws up the X after all of his TDs, so there clearly is some personalization.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:00 AM   #20
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

As I mentioned on the first page, DE Robert Quinn of the Rams does the "Bernie" quite often (he also exaggerates the movements quite a bit though, lol), usually from to time after sacks and big tackles for losses, but I have yet to actually see it in-game from him, unfortunately. I don't think I've seen it yet, actually. As well as the basketball shot celebration.

I agree as well with many here though, players like Peyton Manning shouldn't be doing these types of celebrations in-game, as well as some other players that don't normally perform these specific types of celebrations.

As much as I would like more dynamic celebrations, this is just nit-picking at its best though. There are other improvements for future iterations of Madden that can be made before this, one being overall presentation, as well as ever-improving the AI. It's not like the celebrations are that big of a deal, but the general Madden forum seems to complain about most every little thing in-game (a lot of nit-picking going on in general). I just the want sim stats fixed for offline CFM, please.. and maybe another adjustment to the amount of sacks taken by the CPU QB (crossing fingers), for this year, and I'm great.

I'll just resort to sticking to the slider forum, where there seems to be more civil and well thought out discussions taking place. Plus we do, do our best working on sliders settings, to make the game play better overall for everyone, in there. As for the slider settings, the best are mostly, or already complete by now. Take a look in there, if you haven't already.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-14-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:48 AM   #21
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Check this out, LOL!

Robert Quinn holding a bobble head doing the Bernie.

EDIT: For anyone interested in this thing, I found out these will be handed out to the first 15,000 Rams fans when they play the Sehawks, October 16.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-14-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #22
Banned

The Bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstotss
Every time I score a TD with Cam Newton I patiently wait to see the Superman. Never happens. I could've sworn that I read about personalized celebrations being in the game this year.

Signature celebrations is definitely in. Score with Kaep, Marshawn Lynch, Dez, and others and they will do their signatures. Not all the time, which is good, but most of the time.

I was surprised they had Antonio Browns. This guy beat me deep on line and he did that little crazy dance. I was mad, but couldn't help but laugh.

Upset they didn't try to add the "Shady Bounce" for LeSean McCoy. Would've been cool to see when I scored with him.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #23
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
Signature celebrations is definitely in. Score with Kaep, Marshawn Lynch, Dez, and others and they will do their signatures. Not all the time, which is good, but most of the time.

I was surprised they had Antonio Browns. This guy beat me deep on line and he did that little crazy dance. I was mad, but couldn't help but laugh.

Upset they didn't try to add the "Shady Bounce" for LeSean McCoy. Would've been cool to see when I scored with him.
Off-topic to the thread, but I just wanted to say McCoy is a total beast this year in M15. Gashed my Ram's front 7 pretty good in my online CFM. So quick on that initial burst of his, and when he goes off-tackle and gets out wide, oh boy.. very hard to contain him this year, in my opinion. Even more so than Adrian Peterson, from my experience thus far.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:03 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Off-topic to the thread, but I just wanted to say McCoy is a total beast this year in M15. Gashed my Ram's front 7 pretty good in my online CFM. So quick on that initial burst of his, and when he goes off-tackle and gets out wide, oh boy.. very hard to contain him this year, in my opinion. Even more so than Adrian Peterson, from my experience thus far.

Yes, he's nice. I've never played against him because I always have them lol. Would love to play against your rams if you have the X1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »