Home

Toughest Madden Ever?!?

This is a discussion on Toughest Madden Ever?!? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

PAPA GLIDDS's Arena

OVR: 0
Toughest Madden Ever?!?

So I have a serious question. I'm a madden vet, been playing since mid 90s and I think this is easily the toughest AI ever. I try running different formations, runs inside and out, play action short, long, screens, motions... Basically everything. I lose regularly to the computer on all-pro by 7-10 points or have to comeback and win late with a fg or td. I don't get how I throw maybe two-three deep passes and everytime it's picked. I get 0 separation even with fast Wrs except on drag slant routes.

Same thing on defense I run every scheme in the book and I'm lucky to hold the computer to fgs. On my online league I've forced maybe 5 turnovers (all have been fumbles and one was a pick at end of half on a Hail Mary). The computer qb regularly completes 80% or better. And going against elite qbs they complete 90% plus.

Anyone have tips? I seriously am frustrated. I like the game as a whole but I can't create any defensive stops and I'm lucky to win usually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Toughest Madden Ever?!?

I'd suggest going through Skills Trainer if you haven't yet. CPU QB play is a little jacked up at times but they're stoppable.

What's your thought process in calling plays defensively? When I play h2h I notice my opponents putting 0 thought into defensive play calling and just picking the first play they see.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

PAPA GLIDDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I'd suggest going through Skills Trainer if you haven't yet. CPU QB play is a little jacked up at times but they're stoppable.

What's your thought process in calling plays defensively? When I play h2h I notice my opponents putting 0 thought into defensive play calling and just picking the first play they see.
I've done all the skill trainers. Find it doesn't really matter much against users anyway.

Defensively I call what usually counteracts the offensive personal. Aka 3wr or two wr and te nickel, 4 wr dime. I call blitzes maybe 50% of the time. Run both man and zone. I'll do blitzes usually early like first or second to counteract runs. My run d isn't a concern usually allow 3 ypc and under. Just can't stop the pass.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Toughest Madden Ever?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPA GLIDDS
I've done all the skill trainers. Find it doesn't really matter much against users anyway.

Defensively I call what usually counteracts the offensive personal. Aka 3wr or two wr and te nickel, 4 wr dime. I call blitzes maybe 50% of the time. Run both man and zone. I'll do blitzes usually early like first or second to counteract runs. My run d isn't a concern usually allow 3 ypc and under. Just can't stop the pass.

Sliders my friend. There is a whole forum for it.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
Rookie

PAPA GLIDDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Sliders my friend. There is a whole forum for it.
Unfortunately I'm in an online league and that's not getting moved. But I'm still confused. A few of my friends routinely beat the computer 50-14 and Ive been fairly equal in skill to them over the years. Have I been bit by the diminishing skills bug? Hopefully I'm not getting too old lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

What are your 3rd down situations like, do you have a lot of 3rd and 7 or more? That is when I like to work in a zone blitz and force the QB get rid of the ball short and rely on somebody to make a tackle before the first down marker
Old 09-14-2014, 01:01 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Blitzing 50% of the time seems high.

What kind of blitzes?

give us some specifics on your playcalling. Also what team do you use?
Old 09-14-2014, 03:48 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Unfortunately I'm in an online league and that's not getting moved. But I'm still confused. A few of my friends routinely beat the computer 50-14 and Ive been fairly equal in skill to them over the years. Have I been bit by the diminishing skills bug? Hopefully I'm not getting too old lol
Are you fairly equal to them in past Madden skill or on current Madden? There is a huge difference as this year requires at least a basic knowledge of play calling and being able to read offenses/defenses. In past Maddens you could pick virtually any play and have it be successful against any defense, there was often times little to no strategy needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »