Home

Overtime rules?

This is a discussion on Overtime rules? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Question Overtime rules?

Can someone please explain or remind me of the overtime rules?

I just lost the SuperBowl in OT. Patriots won the toss, drove down, got a field goal. Game over. I thought I was supposed to get a possession if they didn't get a TD???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Overtime rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti

I just lost the SuperBowl in OT. Patriots won the toss, drove down, got a field goal. Game over. I thought I was supposed to get a possession if they didn't get a TD???

maddens weird like that some games if u go into OT... u can win by fg... other times u can go to double OT if still tied.

but the rule is if u kick a fg the other team is suppose get a chance to tie it...if not win if they score a td if the others only kick a fg.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Are the rules different in the postseason? I feel like I remember when they first introduced the new OT rules a couple years ago, that the playoffs still operated under the old OT rules.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epheisey
Are the rules different in the postseason? I feel like I remember when they first introduced the new OT rules a couple years ago, that the playoffs still operated under the old OT rules.
I'm not certain. However, oddly enough, I won the conference championship in overtime as well. And in that game, my opponent kicked a field goal, and then I got the ball back and drove for a touchdown to win.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #5
Banned

Just curious, did they fumble the ball or anything weird like that that got reversed before they kicked the FG? I've noticed on the halftime replays for example that a reversed turnover can still be a highlight as a legit turnover on the replays, so I think in these cases the game gets confused and thinks that you actually had the ball despite the call being overturned.

I've also noticed that sometimes if I turn the ball over in the redzone one time it will count as two possessions. My redzone numbers will be like 3-5 instead of 3-4, counting an extra possession for seemingly no reason. So if whatever causes this bug happend to the CPU it could've counted it as an additional possession and messed the ruling and the game up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 02:42 AM   #6
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti

How much time was left? You don't get an entire drive to respond, if they kicked it with time expiring then game over. If there was time left on the clock then you should have gotten a crack at it.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 09-15-2014, 03:57 AM   #7
Just started!

I've also noticed that sometimes if I turn the ball over in the redzone one time it will count as two possessions.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:35 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbechud
Just curious, did they fumble the ball or anything weird like that that got reversed before they kicked the FG? I've noticed on the halftime replays for example that a reversed turnover can still be a highlight as a legit turnover on the replays, so I think in these cases the game gets confused and thinks that you actually had the ball despite the call being overturned.

I've also noticed that sometimes if I turn the ball over in the redzone one time it will count as two possessions. My redzone numbers will be like 3-5 instead of 3-4, counting an extra possession for seemingly no reason. So if whatever causes this bug happend to the CPU it could've counted it as an additional possession and messed the ruling and the game up.
Good idea, but nothing like this happened. Just a normal drive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »