Home

Re-Sign Logic flawed?

This is a discussion on Re-Sign Logic flawed? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #17
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Re-Sign Logic flawed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I thought that was the case, but In one of my CFMs I think I signed JPP to a massive 6 year deal with about 35M bonus, and it only took a small chunk out after I signed him.
No, the game will take the entire bonus out immediately, if the total bonus is $35M then you will lose all $35M from your finds right then and there....... That's exactly what the last guy just explained also, it works differently in real NFL then it does is madden.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

So what you guys are all saying is that they simply re-used the horrible re-signing logic from Madden 25 (which was barely changed from Madden 12), including the EXACT bugs which plagued Madden 25 and made trying to resign players a frickin' chore?

Unbelievable.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
In the NFL the bonus is paid throughout the contract. That is your "Guaranteed Money" Basically saying if you fulfill your part of the contract, each year your will get a base salary (Guarantee) which is your bonus per season. You always here "If they don't cut ______ they'll owe him 8 million by whatever date.

So in Madden you'll see the bonus added in each season, so you have the contract worth, and the bonus coming out each season. You don't need $30M cash to sign a player asking for a $6M bonus.

These players don't get lump sums like we think. The Bonus is normally spread out throughout the contract, to help the team, but also help the player, because that isn't money that can be touched by the organization if its Fully Guaranteed.
Thanks, sounds like the game has it correct then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »