Home

Slider not working?

This is a discussion on Slider not working? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Slider not working?

What is up with the catch slider? I have it set zero and still the Ai can make incredible one handed catches? it seems like it only comes into play when the player gets hit while catching a ball. Come on EA, I want to see a player bobble a ball every now and then. I also tried the slider set to 100 and still the game played the same.

Fix this please

Last edited by drog1602; 09-15-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Slider not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
What is up with the catch slider? I have it set zero and still the Ai can make incredible one handed catches? it seems like it only comes into play when the player gets hit while catching a ball. Come on EA, I want to see a player bobble a ball every now and then. I also tried the slider set to 100 and still the game played the same.

Fix this please

I've been testing this and you are correct that the slider is not behaving like it should be. This is typical with EA sliders though. 0 seems to break the slider completely. Try the 35 - 45 range. I think you will see a difference. Another issue is that Donnie Moore jacks up the spectacular catch ratings for all of the players, which is ridiculous. Sometimes I think that guy sits in his office and just throws darts at a dartboard. I play with the FBG rosters so that may be another reason why I see a different game than you.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, I shake my head at this games regular rosters and sliders. I will try moving it back up and also try that roster set. Good thing the community can edit.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I've been testing this and you are correct that the slider is not behaving like it should be. This is typical with EA sliders though. 0 seems to break the slider completely. Try the 35 - 45 range. I think you will see a difference. Another issue is that Donnie Moore jacks up the spectacular catch ratings for all of the players, which is ridiculous. Sometimes I think that guy sits in his office and just throws darts at a dartboard. I play with the FBG rosters so that may be another reason why I see a different game than you.
HA HA HA darts at a dart board is great...............FBG sounds like an interesting way to go but playing career these ratings would I assume render worthless after a couple seasons huh?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
Rookie

longball5187's Arena

Slider not working?

According to Oraeon, some of the slider adjustments are opposite of what you might think. This makes a lot of sense when testing different adjustments. Check out this forum for his explanation ... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...do_oraeon.html.

But, to summarize, the WR Catching portion is described as "increasing or decreasing drops." Therefore, going to a "0" slider would mean no drops, right?

Again, I'm not sure if it's confirmed, but it seems to make sense. I had a similar situation with CPU fumbles. I had the slider set to 0 and was forcing them like crazy and couldn't figure out why. His post makes things seem more in line.

Last edited by longball5187; 09-15-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by longball5187
According to Oraeon, some of the slider adjustments are opposite of what you might think. This makes a lot of sense when testing different adjustments. Check out this forum for his explanation ... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...do_oraeon.html.

But, to summarize, the WR Catching portion is described as "increasing or decreasing drops." Therefore, going to a "0" slider would mean no drops, right?

Again, I'm not sure if it's confirmed, but it seems to make sense. I had a similar situation with CPU fumbles. I had the slider set to 0 and was forcing them like crazy and couldn't figure out why. His post makes things seem more in line.
But I also set it too 99 and still it plays the same. Not to mention that every game the cpu Qb's have a mid 70's completion rate, the slider is on 5 for accuracy. But I guess since I can sack them six or seven times a game, it works out.

Last edited by drog1602; 09-15-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #7
Rookie

longball5187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
But I also set it too 99 and still it plays the same. Not to mention that every game the cpu Qb's have a mid 70's completion rate, the slider is on 5 for accuracy. But I guess since I can sack them six or seven times a game, it works out.

What difficulty are you playing on? And how many minute quarters?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by longball5187
What difficulty are you playing on? And how many minute quarters?
I play on All-Pro, 7 min quarters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »