Home

Player Type/Role Needs Fixing

This is a discussion on Player Type/Role Needs Fixing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
Player Type/Role Needs Fixing

I am a big fan of their idea to add the player type and scheme types into CFM. I think overall it makes the CFM more realistic. However, I think it is a bit too restrictive.

For example, WRs and OL shouldn't really have a set scheme type. Just because a guy currently plays on a West Coast scheme does that really mean he's less likely to sign with a team like the Saints who has a Vertical Offense? I think not.

Same thing for CBs and Safeties. It doesn't matter what type of defensive scheme a team has. A good CB is a good CB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 04:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player Type/Role Needs Fixing

I think it needs some adjustment at least. Perhaps separate catergories for position categories. A DB might be more suited to man to man, or zone, and/or press, but whether it's a 3-4 or 4-3 base doesn't matter for example. Likewise, QBs, reference the type of passing game not running game.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #3
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I am a big fan of their idea to add the player type and scheme types into CFM. I think overall it makes the CFM more realistic. However, I think it is a bit too restrictive.

For example, WRs and OL shouldn't really have a set scheme type. Just because a guy currently plays on a West Coast scheme does that really mean he's less likely to sign with a team like the Saints who has a Vertical Offense? I think not.

Same thing for CBs and Safeties. It doesn't matter what type of defensive scheme a team has. A good CB is a good CB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was agreeing until you said a good CB is a good CB. Nnamdi Asomugha was a pretty good CB in Oakland. No so much in Philly.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Whitner good run support S but coverage not great

the Oline confuses me, zone blockers tend to be smaller as they move ... but a good oline is a good oline

the other thing that confuses me, in FA you are the only bid, you offer something close to what they want and they dont sign. do they want to starve or leave football?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan

the Oline confuses me, zone blockers tend to be smaller as they move ... but a good oline is a good oline

the other thing that confuses me, in FA you are the only bid, you offer something close to what they want and they dont sign. do they want to starve or leave football?
Well, they won't decline you in the pre-season.

So I guess they will hold out for something they want in the off season, but by pre season if they are still a free agent then they will sign with you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan

HA HA HA I love that, I am only guy offering 3years $4M and he rejects, then pre-season I sign him to 1yr 750K.............GOOD JOB BUDDY lol
Old 09-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
HA HA HA I love that, I am only guy offering 3years $4M and he rejects, then pre-season I sign him to 1yr 750K.............GOOD JOB BUDDY lol
Wow. CFM needs all kinds of fixes to the logic, seriously.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #8
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
I do this every single season.. Byron Maxwell declined a huge deal, went through FA with multiple offers and declined them all I guess, I signed him to a tiny 1 yr deal along with Alshon Jeffery

sound logic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »