Home

Sim engine INT's

This is a discussion on Sim engine INT's within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 02:21 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Sim engine INT's

I don't know about other people, but this was one glaring and nagging issue that bothered me about the sim engine even with the online fix. All other stats looked decent but INT's were still far too high, I even saw Flacco throw 32 one year. So I went into the roster and adjusted a lot of defensive players catch rating. I didn't go crazy with it, but some players were well above 80 and that's just too much for the sim engine. Linebackers I toned down more than any other position, in some cases down 7-8 ticks to what I consider reasonable. Still in most cases it would not hurt a guys OVR rating.

The results were good not great. There's still too many picks across the board, but it's more rare to see someone throw 20 at least. I'd say average was around 16, which is one a game which is ideal. The only problem is it's more evenly dispersed, most guys throw 14 or more. I saw Manning threw for around 4500 yards 35 TD's and 7 INT's, which I think is pretty awesome. Cam Newton had a good year 24 TD's 10 INT's around 4k yards.

No matter what I do though, I can't fix Robert Griffin. This guy is going no where in madden this year. That's not too much of a problem. But Luck as well, I never see him throw more TD's than INT's.

Last edited by therewillbechud; 09-16-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Sim engine INT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbechud
I don't know about other people, but this was one glaring and nagging issue that bothered me about the sim engine even with the online fix. All other stats looked decent but INT's were still far too high, I even saw Flacco throw 32 one year. So I went into the roster and adjusted a lot of defensive players catch rating. I didn't go crazy with it, but some players were well above 80 and that's just too much for the sim engine. Linebackers I toned down more than any other position, in some cases down 7-8 ticks to what I consider reasonable. Still in most cases it would not hurt a guys OVR rating.

The results were good not great. There's still too many picks across the board, but it's more rare to see someone throw 20 at least. I'd say average was around 16, which is one a game which is ideal. The only problem is it's more evenly dispersed, most guys throw 14 or more. I saw Manning threw for around 4500 yards 35 TD's and 7 INT's, which I think is pretty awesome. Cam Newton had a good year 24 TD's 10 INT's around 4k yards.

No matter what I do though, I can't fix Robert Griffin. This guy is going no where in madden this year. That's not too much of a problem. But Luck as well, I never see him throw more TD's than INT's.
I think I'll try that with the Madden Editor and make global edits to all defensive players. It's a shame it can't be used on the next-gen version, but fortunately I have the last gen version which has the exact same sim stats issue of it's newer counterpart.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Exclamation Re: Sim engine INT's

WOW. Unbelievable. The editor won't even open last gen roster files anymore. What is this world coming too?!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:15 AM   #4
Banned

I don't know the editor that you're talking about. But after further adjustments I think I've found where the problem is. Donny Moore saw fit to give almost every single rookie or second year player who is a LB or DB a 70 or higher catch rating. For the sim engine to work a DB should never have higher than 70 catch, a LB should never have higher than 60. I think somewhere the ratings system he uses has changed in the last two years and these guys just get far too many INT's.

I left only the elite LB's close to 60 catch, no DB's higher than 68 catch, only the elite guys. This helped even more. You'll still see maybe 2-3 QBs a year throw 20 INT's, but the rest of the league often gets single digits. I saw Brees throw for 50 TD's 8 INT's. Very exciting for me to see that. Also the CPU has no problems still intercepting passes in play now games, they don't need to have ridiculous ratings to do it.

This doesn't take very long to do, maybe 20 minutes.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:58 AM   #5
Just started!

The editor won't even open last gen roster files anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »