Home

Will playing a DE at ROLB hurt performance?

This is a discussion on Will playing a DE at ROLB hurt performance? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #9
Rookie

TheArsenal11's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Will playing a DE at ROLB hurt performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrufflesEater
Awareness is important for defensive players, but sometimes the penalty for playing someone out of position is worth it. Depends on what his assignments will be. LB blitzing a pocket passer should work fine, but blitzing a mobile QB, maybe not. Putting a low awareness LB in a spy role, for instance, would also be iffy.
He will be rushing the passer more often than not and 80 awr doesn't scare me that much. He's fast 89 ACC 82 SP so I am fine with him chasing most qb. Just a huge difference in OVR is odd.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #10
Rookie

TheArsenal11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
His main attributes remaining the same is all that matters. Don't worry about the OVR change, that's just letting you that isn't his key or main position, so the OVR drops.

No bearing whatsoever on his attributes though. The only thing I'd worry about is what is his speed and acceleration (along with his play recognition since you have him standing up at ROLB), and will he do well standing up, playing ROLB. I think you should be okay with him standing up at ROLB though.
His speed is excellent IMO (82 sp 89 acc) and awr of 80 seems fine to me. PRC at 86 everywhere is good. Isn't that for play action? He's always played olb at Baltimore and on madden from what I remember.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #11
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArsenal11
He will be rushing the passer more often than not and 80 awr doesn't scare me that much. He's fast 89 ACC 82 SP so I am fine with him chasing most qb. Just a huge difference in OVR is odd.
Remember Ovr is also affected by your scheme. So maybe there is something there that is causing the Ovr drop. 80 awr is very solid. Should be just fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #12
Rookie

TheArsenal11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Remember Ovr is also affected by your scheme. So maybe there is something there that is causing the Ovr drop. 80 awr is very solid. Should be just fine.
Yeah thats true. My scheme is attacking 3-4. I think his OVR drop is just the out of position part. His important stats are elite level for OLB imo. Behind only a couple guys.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

It depends a lot on your LOLB player role that you select in the schemes screen. It could be that you've picked a Prototype and see one OVR or you change it to 3-4 Pass Rusher and see another OVR. This will change the OVR based on the weightings it applies to the ratings.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #14
Rookie

TheArsenal11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrimsley
It depends a lot on your LOLB player role that you select in the schemes screen. It could be that you've picked a Prototype and see one OVR or you change it to 3-4 Pass Rusher and see another OVR. This will change the OVR based on the weightings it applies to the ratings.
You sir are brilliant. Changed to 3-4 Pass rusher and he jumped to 86.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #15
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
His awr is 80 at ROLB and 86 at LE. Not much difference so I hope there won't be a noticeable drop off in his play. PRC is 86 in both spots and all his other stats are the same. He's fast, strong, excellent BSH and PMV. Don't understand the drop from 94 to 79 ovr.
Scheme. He is also a 4-3 player playing in a 3-4 now. Even though the majority of his career he was a 3-4 OLB. But history is forgotten in the madden universe and he needs a drop due to scheme acording to the game logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
You sir are brilliant. Changed to 3-4 Pass rusher and he jumped to 86.

No problem. This is proof of why OVR is of limited value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »