Home

Programmed for 15 min Quareters?

This is a discussion on Programmed for 15 min Quareters? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Programmed for 15 min Quareters?

Last game I played: 15 min quarters, 17 second accel clock, 117 plays
Old 09-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #10
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I need to count plays tonight, because im feeling its relatively important with this game.

On my 6 min quarts with 20 sec runoff, my game was at least 45 minutes last night, looking at halftime stats and such, likely from game boot up to shut down.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #11
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr

Laying in bed i just got to thinking, is this programmed specifically for a full game? How long is that taking you to play out?

I really don't want to go below 20 sec runoff, however i don't want to be in a 2 hour game each night either.
Well, assuming Madden is programmed to resemble real football on some level, you are going to need at least 100-120 plays per game (real life it would be 120-130) give you anything like a realistic game pace and number of possessions. With a 20 sec runoff and 6 min quarters, you are probably only getting 70-80 plays per game. If you want to stay at a 20 sec runoff, you will probably need at least 8-10 min quarters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #12
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

I play 15mins with either 11 or 12 second runoff. The ball usually gets snapped with between 2-6 seconds left on the playclock just like it does in the real NFL so logically that should give you a realistic amount of plays.

There will always be variables. A lot of running plays will make the time run down faster and you'll have less plays where as a lot of incomplete passes will keep the clock stopped so you'll have more plays.

One thing that annoys me is the final 2 minutes of a half. The time doesn't run down and you can get a play off pretty much every 10 seconds which is not realistic.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I played 8 min quarters last night, with 25 sec runoff. actual game time, minus all my screwing around in the middle, was just about an hour. Right in that neighborhood.

Not sure the exact play number, it was 82 or 84 total plays.

Thinking i can pretty easily go 10 min quarters, 20 sec runoff.

I will tell you this. And maybe i was just wanting it to be, but the game was Waaaay more satisfying. Had a true opportunity to get some offense rolling. Game seemed to play a lot more NFL like, compared to the 6 min crap i was doing just to push through the preseason.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #14
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I played 8 min quarters last night, with 25 sec runoff. actual game time, minus all my screwing around in the middle, was just about an hour. Right in that neighborhood.
You are probably getting around 105-115 plays per game with that setting, so it will work decently. 10 min quarters with 20 sec runoff would give you about the same. If you want a realistic number of plays, you would need 9 Min quarters with 25 sec clock runoff, or 11 min quarters with 20 sec clock runoff.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Six minutes is way too short, IMHO, especially with accelerated clock on.

I came up with the "30" rule, where your minutes per quarter + accelerated clock should = 30. So 15 minute quarters should have 15 accelerated clock; 12-minute quarters should have 18; and 10-minute quarters should have 20.

The last few years I did 10/25 (breaking my own rule), but I've been rolling with 15/15 this year. I skip most of the cut scenes and games take me about an hour, maybe a tad longer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #16
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I have messed with a number of different settings. I have found the "sweet spot" for me is about 12 minute quarters with NO accelerated clock.

Games don't take me too long. However, I let the air out of the ball when I play so that may have something to do with quicker games for me. At halftime of my Bucs/Falcons game this afternoon. I had 29 rushes to 11 passes and a 14-9 lead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »